Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have them on my 2013 gt and I love them. Had them on my 04 Mach too. Drone is not that bad for muffle deletes. They drone around 3k but other then that they are fine. If you don't want to hear the drone just turn up the radio lol

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Does anyone have them or recommend getting them and will I still pass an emission test

Link to AM

SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back Exhaust (05-10 Mustang GT & 07-10 GT500) M31014 - Free Shipping!

Thanks
05 Mustang,

I'm a huge fan of the SLP axle backs. I actually ran this set up on 2 different Mustang's I've owned!

SLP's axle-back system is made from 2.5" mandrel-bent 409 stainless steel tubing, which has excellent flow characteristics and features pre-welded hangers for simple installation. The hand polished, 3.5" dual wall tips give a show quality muscle car appearance to the rear of your Pony.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You'll pass emissions with no problems, as already mentioned. As far as drone, it will be pretty minor. I find that most people prefer the tone of SLP LoudMouths with a stock mid-pipe. The only time I hear of people switching to a new exhaust is if they get an O/R mid-pipe and want to tame the exhaust note down a bit.

Enjoy the exhaust!

Shane

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I had them on my 05 GT along with the JLT CAI. The rest of the exhaust was stock. I absolutely loved them. If you're looking for loud and aggressive, this is the way to go. The guy I sold the GT to has since put an OR x-pipe on it. The tone of the exhaust is still amazing but it may be a lil too loud now. Just something to keep in mind if you plan on modding the rest of the exhaust at all. I guess it all really depends on the cops in your area lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
05 Mustang,

I'm a huge fan of the SLP axle backs. I actually ran this set up on 2 different Mustang's I've owned!

SLP's axle-back system is made from 2.5" mandrel-bent 409 stainless steel tubing, which has excellent flow characteristics and features pre-welded hangers for simple installation. The hand polished, 3.5" dual wall tips give a show quality muscle car appearance to the rear of your Pony.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
I just ordered them this morning cant wait for them to come in

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I just ordered them this morning cant wait for them to come in
Awesome man! Let me know if I can be of any assistance once they arrive at your house. Definitely post up some pictures and let me know how you like them once they're installed!

-Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
How does the Borla Stinger Axle Back compare to the SLP Loudmouths? I was pretty much sold on the Singer until I kept reading all these good reviews on the SLP Loudmouths.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
How does the Borla Stinger Axle Back compare to the SLP Loudmouths? I was pretty much sold on the Singer until I kept reading all these good reviews on the SLP Loudmouths.
The Borla Stingers is Amazing. It's a little bit more pricey then the SLP exhaust. I actually went with the SLP loud mouth 2 on my Mach1 and the Borla Stinger on my 04' Cobra! That was the hardest choice and they were both great.

I'm confident you'll be really happy either way!

-Dan

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome man! Let me know if I can be of any assistance once they arrive at your house. Definitely post up some pictures and let me know how you like them once they're installed!

-Dan
Thank you i will and i plan on putting them on tomorrow or on Sunday.

American Muscle has great service my order only took 2 days and it was free shipping.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I wanna put this on my car with maybe. H pipe or a x pipe which would u go with
I would go h pipe. I've had both. To me h pipe sounds better

1 - 20 of 26 Posts