Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05 MUSTANG GT said:
i have them on my 05 gt and haven't had any issues and they sound great
Weird, fitment is terrible on mine. Had to delete the hanger bracket on the right side. It was lining up a whole 2 inches off. The left side is for well but still kinda ghetto rigged. Wouldn't care that much usually but damn 400 bucks for some nice tips and a crappy fitment seems like a rip to me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i did buy the american muscle chrome hangers tho and it took a little bit of time to line everything up the best thing to do is not bolt anything in too tight until you got it straitened out then bolt everything in tight

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
05 MUSTANG GT said:
i did buy the american muscle chrome hangers tho and it took a little bit of time to line everything up the best thing to do is not bolt anything in too tight until you got it straitened out then bolt everything in tight
I got them to look straight out the back, just terrible craftsmanship for 400 bucks. Shoulda been a easy swap, felt like I made a custom one myself to get it to fit. I'll look into the hangers and give SLP a call too. Def not satisfied.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Weird, fitment is terrible on mine. Had to delete the hanger bracket on the right side. It was lining up a whole 2 inches off. The left side is for well but still kinda ghetto rigged. Wouldn't care that much usually but damn 400 bucks for some nice tips and a crappy fitment seems like a rip to me.
Sounds like yours are damaged or defective. I would call whoever you ordered them from and see if they can give you a refund or replacement.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Napoleon85 said:
Sounds like yours are damaged or defective. I would call whoever you ordered them from and see if they can give you a refund or replacement.
Thus what I'm thinking, bc all the reviews were good. Always my luck with the little stuff like this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Napoleon85 said:
Guess so, all the reviews were great. Always my luck with The little stuff. Y'all ever ordered from LMPperformance?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Napoleon85 said:
No ... sounds familiar though. Do they advertise on PowerBlock for truck parts or something?
Not sure, typed in SLP on google and it came up, Along with AM, lethal, and the other big sites. They had everything from superchargers to rims and the cheapest price on the deletes so I went for it.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Not sure, typed in SLP on google and it came up, Along with AM, lethal, and the other big sites. They had everything from superchargers to rims and the cheapest price on the deletes so I went for it.
Just an FYI ... American Muscle will price match any publicly advertised price, and they HANDS DOWN have the best customer service. They also have a forum discount that will be better than price match in some instances too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Napoleon85 said:
Just an FYI ... American Muscle will price match any publicly advertised price, and they HANDS DOWN have the best customer service. They also have a forum discount that will be better than price match in some instances too.
Thanks, didn't know they matched publicly advertised prices. I'll def keep that in mind for my next part!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed SLP axel back last night on my 2013 GT. I also ordered from LMPerformance. The passenger side came out and went in perfect and only took me 20 min with no jack. The drivers side was a mess. After fighting with it for 45 min I realized the hanger was welded in a position that prevented me from lining up the mid pipe with the SLP's. Had to heat the hanger and bend it in order to get proper fit. Now that it's done I'm a happy guy but last night I was mad as hell.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DBO said:
I installed SLP axel back last night on my 2013 GT. I also ordered from LMPerformance. The passenger side came out and went in perfect and only took me 20 min with no jack. The drivers side was a mess. After fighting with it for 45 min I realized the hanger was welded in a position that prevented me from lining up the mid pipe with the SLP's. Had to heat the hanger and bend it in order to get proper fit. Now that it's done I'm a happy guy but last night I was mad as hell.
Same here. I'm still kinda mad since it was 400 bucks. Shoulda lined right up! Good sound though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts