Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 gt that I bought about 3 months ago. The car came with bassani catback and a catted x pipe, which sounds really nice btw. However, I want a louder exhaust setup. So ive narrowed it down to either borla stinger or slp loudmouth 1 catback.I know both are loud, but Im curious as to how much louder will they be than the setup I have now?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will slp loudmouth 1 with a catted x pipe be obnoxiously loud and sound like ****? I live in cali and cops can b pricks over this kind of stuff..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, ive heard slp w an o/r x is pretty much the loudest setup u can get on a stang. Ive seen a bunch of youtube vids of the slp with aftermarket mid pipes and they sound pretty awesome imo. Even though some ppl seem to hate on slp, im really diggin the raspy tone it gives off. Probably gonna go with slp in the end, too loud or not. Haha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds awesome, thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a 98 gt that I bought about 3 months ago. The car came with bassani catback and a catted x pipe, which sounds really nice btw. However, I want a louder exhaust setup. So ive narrowed it down to either borla stinger or slp loudmouth 1 catback.I know both are loud, but Im curious as to how much louder will they be than the setup I have now?
Try this first since you are going to change the mid pipe anyway. Gut the cats on the mid pipe or replace the mid pipe with a non catted x pipe first and see if you like the sound. If you want more aggressive then replace the catback with slp or other. Money saving tips.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Go slp. It's loud but you can somewhat control it by driving habits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts