Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my 10 yr old flowmaster original 40s although still sound good I'm thinking about a more bullet style muffler. Two questions: which muffler pipes m-80 or LM-1s. Second question since I'm running the factory pipes should I just weld them in or buy a complete catback. Stock exhaust piping is 2.25 inches and the rest is 2.5 so am i restricting the flow with these pipes? Other exhaust is Mac LTs and prochamber. I want it a little louder and think I'll be very happy with either route but wanted some opinions.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Hey guys my 10 yr old flowmaster original 40s although still sound good I'm thinking about a more bullet style muffler. Two questions: which muffler pipes m-80 or LM-1s. Second question since I'm running the factory pipes should I just weld them in or buy a complete catback. Stock exhaust piping is 2.25 inches and the rest is 2.5 so am i restricting the flow with these pipes? Other exhaust is Mac LTs and prochamber. I want it a little louder and think I'll be very happy with either route but wanted some opinions.
Get some LTs with an O/R Prochamber, and then get a Basani Catback.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
So are you just goin to buy the mufflers and weld them on? Personally I like the slp lm1's. But you should just go with the whole catback

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I had factory exhaust to flowmaster. Then I wanted something louder. So I got loudmouths still stock manifold and stock mid pipe. It's loud but I want screaming loud. I would say Mac longtubes and prochamber with whatever mufflers you like. Check out headers and prochamber plus mufflers on YouTube and see what you like the best. I know joshsfoxbody has kooks headers I'm not sure what mid pipe I think prochamber not sure though with loudmouths and that's the best sounding car I've ever heard.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
My bad. Well then I would just buy the full set up instead of just the mufflers. I was gonna just get the mufflers and tips but decided to just get the kit instead

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

You won't be disappointed with loudmouths. I'm not sure about m80

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad. Well then I would just buy the full set up instead of just the mufflers. I was gonna just get the mufflers and tips but decided to just get the kit instead

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

You won't be disappointed with loudmouths. I'm not sure about m80
No worries yea I just wasn't sure if I should fork out $400 for a catback or just get the mufflers and weld them in like I did the flowmasters. This is how the current se up sounds including the bad TOB...lol.

2002 Mustang GT Exhaust Clip - YouTube

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yeah, the only thing that stopped me was it being the cheap crappy way of doing it myself. But I had 3inch tips and I liked the slp 3.5inch tips so I just got the catback. I would say if you like your tips and its a solid set up. Then I would just cut the flows off and weld clamp them in. I don't like to weld them just invade I want something different or mess something up lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts