Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snybody know the belt size to just bypass my smog pump? The delete pulley broke so I'm just going to bypass it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You can use the same belt, just reroute it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I have the bypass pulley but one of the bolts broke and instead of taking out the altenator so I could drill the other half of the bolt out I just took it off and got a shorter belt. Why do you recommend keeping the delete pulley?

·
Banned
102 Posts
I would say take the smog crap off and run a shorter belt... i did this on my 88 gt conv. It causes less drag than using the delete pulley.. i deleted ac and smog on mine and installed steeda under drives and there was a noticeable gain. But i had hooker shorty equal lengths bbk o/r h and 40 series flowmasters. Tranny was an aod with 4r70w internals and a 3000 stahl converter. Also had profesional products 70mm throttle body and 3 inch spacer with professional products intake... she was very mean. But the smog and ac delete made a good difference with the underdrives.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just remove the smog pump. and the entire smog system. lightens the car up a bit. and you dont have to spend much money on it. if your mechanically capable. its not that difficult to do yourself. just be cautious of the smog regulations where you live. living in dubai. i wont have a problem. anywhere else in the world i cant comment on. good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
That and the EGR. It connects your intake manifold to your headers. a simple delete plate on the manifold and a plug on the headers will suffice just make sure its all tight. You dont want an exhaust leak or an intake leak after the MAF for obvious reasons.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

This is of course assuming you have stock headers and intake manifold.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I'm just wondering cause I'm kind if considering putting the pump back on when I do my swap just didnt know what else it would require

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Aftermarket

·
Registered
20 Posts
to remove the pump altogether. all you need is a shorter belt (cant tell you the size as i cant remember) Its beneficial power and weight wise to just remove the system.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Agreed delete it altogether.... unless your car has less than 2k miles and is pristine you have no use for it unless your in an emission check state

1 - 14 of 14 Posts