Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive decided to take advantage of kentucky not having an emissions law, as of now, and put an off road h pipe on my 95 cobra, does anyone have any tips or know how of how to easily and effectively remove and cap off the smog pump and lines? Thanks!

·
Registered
915 Posts
You can get a shorter belt and just bypass it all togather

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

If u are trying to shed weight or gain some extra space under hood u can have the line into your header welded up or get different headers. Trojan horse said it could be secured with a bolt and just disconnected

·
Registered
915 Posts
I wish I was by my car and I could explain it better and take pictures. It should be a pipe shaped somewhat like a y and my singled up and I just had a tip welded up to it( on my last foxbody) on my current I only bypassed smog with belt

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
What about the lines in the head? Im just confused as to how its done
Remove the lines from the heads, use a 5/8" x 11 Thread short bolt in each to plug the holes.
You will have to weld up or plug the lines to prevent an exhaust leak.
You may want to remove them intact in case you ever need them again.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trojan Horse said:
Remove the lines from the heads, use a 5/8" x 11 Thread short bolt in each to plug the holes.
You will have to weld up or plug the lines to prevent an exhaust leak.
You may want to remove them intact in case you ever need them again.
Thank you sir! Seems alot easier to do now, just gotta wait for christmas, made my american muscle list for the wife :)

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Thank you sir! Seems alot easier to do now, just gotta wait for christmas, made my american muscle list for the wife :)
You are welcome. :good:
Since I re-read your initial post I see you are getting an aftermarket H-pipe. You should be able to remove the factory pipe intact with tubes and save it JIC you ever need it, no welding or capping required.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trojan Horse said:
You are welcome. :good:
Since I re-read your initial post I see you are getting an aftermarket H-pipe. You should be able to remove the factory pipe intact with tubes and save it JIC you ever need it, no welding or capping required.
Just plug up the heads and go?

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Oh and the delete pulley?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Just plug up the heads and go?

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Oh and the delete pulley?
Yes, + delete pulley or reroute the belt.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome sounds simple, are these bolts readily available at lowes or home depot? Anything i need to apply to the threads?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Awesome sounds simple, are these bolts readily available at lowes or home depot? Anything i need to apply to the threads?
They should be.
You might put some blue loctite on them to seal them and keep them from backing out.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trojan Horse said:
They should be.
You might put some blue loctite on them to seal them and keep them from backing out.
Thanks again for sharing your experience with us! Will an H- pipe give me a low end rumble? Im pairing it with the flowmaster american thunder cat back

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Thanks again for sharing your experience with us! Will an H- pipe give me a low end rumble? Im pairing it with the flowmaster american thunder cat back
No problem. :good:
Yes, the H-pipe will give you the low end rumble.
The X-pipe gives the higher pitched raspy sound.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Stang.racr said:
You can get a shorter belt and just bypass it all togather

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

If u are trying to shed weight or gain some extra space under hood u can have the line into your header welded up or get different headers. Trojan horse said it could be secured with a bolt and just disconnected
I heard somewhere that if u do this and shorter belt ur alt will spin to much and bad stuff could happen is this true cuz I want to get rid of my delete pulley and get shorter belt...and do this

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
No it won't spin anything else any faster or slower, the crank pulley still turns the belt the same speed it would of before except without some of the parasitic drag of the smog, the only way to change the speed of the alternator is from underdrive pullys

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Stang.racr said:
No it won't spin anything else any faster or slower, the crank pulley still turns the belt the same speed it would of before except without some of the parasitic drag of the smog, the only way to change the speed of the alternator is from underdrive pullys
So its safe? There would be no diff with shorter belt and with my delete pulley?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts