Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 mustang gt 5.0 has been bogging for awhile. I always just thought it was a spark or fuel problem. Replaced the fuel pump, sending unit, oring, fuel filter, msd wires, new plugs etc. then was still doing the same problem. Ive heard of lots of these cars with the same problems and i brought it into the ford dealership and was told it jeeds a new ecu.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

It needs* but does anyone else know if this is true of why it will be bogging out?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Battista said:
My 95 mustang gt 5.0 has been bogging for awhile. I always just thought it was a spark or fuel problem. Replaced the fuel pump, sending unit, oring, fuel filter, msd wires, new plugs etc. then was still doing the same problem. Ive heard of lots of these cars with the same problems and i brought it into the ford dealership and was told it jeeds a new ecu.
Timing can cause an issue like this too.. We do have suspect ECU's but generally they don't act up unless you have heavy mods.. Generally..

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Battista said:

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

It needs* but does anyone else know if this is true of why it will be bogging out?
Under what conditions is it bogging or miss firing? Is it popping or back firing? What mods do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Intake, thottle body, cam, exhaust, 410 gears, eldelbrock 255 fuel pump, etc. its always bogging and once in awhile will back fire. Not to often though

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Battista said:
Intake, thottle body, cam, exhaust, 410 gears, eldelbrock 255 fuel pump, etc. its always bogging and once in awhile will back fire. Not to often though
Sounds like you need a good dyno tune to me.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
deadsp0t said:
Timing can cause an issue like this too.. We do have suspect ECU's but generally they don't act up unless you have heavy mods.. Generally..
+1, sounds like a timing issue. When my ECM was going out it would flood out trying to crank it.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

IF they tested it to determine that, they may be right. Because the ECU controls everything, timing, fuel injector pulse width, etc., etc..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts