Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 96 SVT Cobra. The headlamps are stock and very clear. It is hard to see at night. What are the brightest legal bulbs I can put in it? Previous owner put in bulbs with a bluish tint. They don't shine very far at night, even with hi- beams. Thanks, look forward to your replies. Spiney-Dave

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
First thing I would suggest is learning how to aim your headlights, they were probably not aimed when new housings were installed.

I prefer the sylvania silverstar ultra bulbs. Have them in all of my vehicles and have no complaints on vision. Does not compare to a factory HID system but for a halogen setup it's just about perfect.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Id assume the previous owner put in either cool blues or pure bulbs..they are junk. If you want to be bright and keep a normal bulb then i recommend sylvania zxe bulbs...if you want to get a bright light look into HIDs...a simple 35w kit will toss out double the lumens of a standard bulb on average. Check ut ddmtuning.com for my favorite kits. So simple to install it makes you womder why you havent done it sooner lol.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@1Slosix I checked out Dmmtuning and was a bit confused. I saw 35W upgrades for like $38 and others for $150. What did it cost you to ugrade lo/hi beam complete with lamps. Which kit did you use? Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i'm sorry for the late reply...i honestly didn't see your question. here's a link to the kit i run. since you want both a hi and low beam make sure when you click on your bulb number you get the hi/lo option which does cost a bit more. pm me if you have questions

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

1 - 5 of 5 Posts