Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, as many of you know i have been looking for a new car, and i just cant see giving up the stang. so im looking at a 94-98 gt with a 5 spd. now it comes with tc/ t-lok, but im guessing it still painful in the snow. is there any other things i can do to make it better? im thinking snow tires ( the ones with the little spikes) and putting about 200 or so LB worth of rock salt in the trunk (in bags of course). is there anything else? thanks

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
i drive my stang in the snow... I have blizzak tires for the rear and use my regular tires up front. I also put 100 lbs of sand over each rear tire (in bags of course like you said). I really don't have any trouble unless there is a major amount of snow. The thing that gives me the most trouble is i have a 6 so i don't have a t-lok. This causes me to fish tail some in heavier snow. I sure a t-lok will help the cause but having a GT might make it worse. I'm sure you'll be fine though as long as you drive with a little common sense.

·
Registered
301 Posts
best thing to do is delay getting the gt. Getting an unfamiliar car that has more torque just as winter starts isn't the wisest course of action, imo.

Keep the 6 till March, weight the trunk, and get good snow tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts