Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
hihosilver said:
Blizzak WS-70's on all 4 corners. You can pay for them by plowing driveways with your front spoiler.
Lol, +1. A buddy of mine just installed blizzaks on his camaro. I'll probably be installing the same on my stang soon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just ordered Michelin X-ICE XI-2. Used these on my RX8 and they were great.

·
Registered
69 Posts
poloka said:
Hmm, I was looking at the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3.
Those are great as well but they are a winter performance tire unlike the X-Ice which are snow/ ice. The X-ice would be better in snow and ice but will not be as good as the Alpine in dry road conditions. The softer compound on the snow/ice have more deflection.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Devildog1679 said:
Those are great as well but they are a winter performance tire unlike the X-Ice which are snow/ ice. The X-ice would be better in snow and ice but will not be as good as the Alpine in dry road conditions. The softer compound on the snow/ice have more deflection.
Good to know. Guess I'd have to order cause no one around my are has those tires.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Dunlop Winter Sport work great below about 50f....

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Since my mustang is my daily driver an I'm in climates where there is a chance for snow I was looking to get some snow tires. Has anyone run snow tires and have recommendation? 1) what tire and 2) should I run 4 tires or just snow on rear?
What part of Missouri are you in? I have family in the STL metro area. Anyway, Snow Tires probably aren't a bad investment in any part of that state. The stock all seasons aren't bad for light snow. I have heard that the Blizzaks are the best on snow and ICE. Be careful in dry conditions as handling is decreased significantly.

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's where the Dunlop Winter Sport tires differ, they handle well on dry pavement...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
99ford said:
What part of Missouri are you in? I have family in the STL metro area. Anyway, Snow Tires probably aren't a bad investment in any part of that state. The stock all seasons aren't bad for light snow. I have heard that the Blizzaks are the best on snow and ICE. Be careful in dry conditions as handling is decreased significantly.
I'm in KC. The wife has a 2006 TL so we can commute with it if needed. Just need something that runs well and can control in dry or wet. Sounds like the Pilot is in the middle. Not all snow/ice but still give good dry traction.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
That's where the Dunlop Winter Sport tires differ, they handle well on dry pavement...
:headbang: good to know. Dunlop makes a pretty good tire these days.

The Acura TL is a great car. You may be surprised at how well the Mustang does in the Snow and ice. It's probably not as good as the TL but it can hold its own.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
99ford said:
:headbang: good to know. Dunlop makes a pretty good tire these days.

The Acura TL is a great car. You may be surprised at how well the Mustang does in the Snow and ice. It's probably not as good as the TL but it can hold its own.
First winter with mustang so want to be safe. Last rear-wheel car I had was a '91 camaro. Had trucks ever since until now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
From what all my friends have experienced, and everything I hear, blizzaks are the top snow tires for high performance sports cars. Yes they cost the most but you get what you pay for. I would also remind you to make sure u wash ur car after every snow as the salt and sand from the road will eat at ur car over time. That's what I would
Be more worried about, good luck with the tires.
*PS* putting around 200 lbs of weight in the trunk will help you a good deal as well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Artaz said:
From what all my friends have experienced, and everything I hear, blizzaks are the top snow tires for high performance sports cars. Yes they cost the most but you get what you pay for. I would also remind you to make sure u wash ur car after every snow as the salt and sand from the road will eat at ur car over time. That's what I would
Be more worried about, good luck with the tires.
*PS* putting around 200 lbs of weight in the trunk will help you a good deal as well.
Thanks for the tips. Good thing my dealer gave me free car washes so I'll be there a lot.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was in KC a couple winters ago in the wife's (previous)05 GT with p-Zero Nero Pirelli tires, when they got a 6+ inch snow... I had a hard time getting around... That's when I decided to buy real winter tires for the wife's current 05 GT...

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought Yokohama Ice guards. One problem though, the dealer ordered them with 17" wheels. They didn't clear my brakes. I dont have the Brembos. The dealer says the 17's worked with the 2011, but did not fit my 2012. They are now finding me 18" wheels and tires. Be careful if you are ordering wheels as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts