Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also live in Pa and I wouldnt run a mustang in the snow but a guy down the road from me drives his 95 Gt every day all year. He said he just loads the trunk with weight and takes his time. I personally prefer a little more "control" such as 4 wheels digging when the snow flies. lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've used mine as a daily driver since 2005. Snow is not a problem with the proper wheels in Canada (essential!).

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
I've driven mine on the Snow and Ice you shouldn't have problem. It actually does quite well to be honest. This past winter we had snowpocalypse, an inch of Ice on the road and it did pretty good. I just drove slow.

Best case secanario is a CRV or a Subaru wagon for snow.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
When I had my v6 it drove perfectly fine. There were times it took a while to get going but once I got it rolling it was fine. And the thread on my tires was pretty bad. The only time I lost control was when I turned off the traction control and tried drifting on turns.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Two biggest things when driving in the snow!.. First is to take your time!!!!! The second is new tires!.. If you do both you will be perfect!.. I have never lost control in my '04 GT but I did once with my '96 Monte-Carlo!... And they say that FWD cars usually do better in snow and ice!..

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Like everyone else said... be careful. I lived in Alaska for a while and drove mine as little as possible. Its not hard but dangerous. And yeah a subaru forester is the car to have for snow

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If your going to get tires make sure to get all weather ones!... Unless your going to just park it for the winter!..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Anchorage Alaska, I drive my 2006 V6 almost every day. the only exceptions are if the amount of ground clearance is exceeded by the depth of snow. After 2 years I fitted an 8.8 diff from a GT. It does drive on the stock tires but having snow tires makes a huge difference, studs if allowed are an improvement on ice. Traction control is your best friend if you have it.
If you know how to drive, how to actually control your car it is a fun toy in the winter. Just remember that you cant just throw it into a corner as you would on pavement. And braking is not the same, allow extra room to protect your nose.
Yes I have fun in the snow!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts