Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new around here and I wanted to post about my car and maybe get some feedback on my little 4 banger.

I'm out in BC, Canada using it as a work car with the hopes to get it to be something more one day. I've done research on both the 5.0 swap and the Turbo Swap and judging by the job of it, the 2.3 ends up being smarter and overall more fun than the 5.0. (Besides, everyone has a 5.0L right???)

My one problem is FINDING these Turbo 2.3's. Like where are they hiding? I can't find any at an auto wrecker, nor can I find older vehicles (Like the TurboCoupe) for sale that aren't asking lots of money for their 'Rare, well taken care of Gem' . If you guys have some insight, hit me up. I'm a younger wrench turner (20 to be exact), looking for some enjoyment and I think I've fallen in love with my car!

(Yeah whoever did the paintjob was horrible. No primer, no sanding or anything. Full on rattle-can job, overspray and all )

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a 2.3 turbo and they are fun. But the gear head inside of me wanted more power. I went to the 5.0, and I would do it again. Trust me it will save you in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Ps. I have some left over badges from the car. "Turbo mustang" if your interested lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am building my own 2.3 turbo out of an lx motor and t3 garret turbo. I am having the motor machined to handle a turbo and custom Fabing all my piping. It's a lot of work but in the end much better than searching forever for a turbo motor.

Currently- 1986 2.3L lx notchback, conversion to SVO 2.3L turbo automatic notchback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts