Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i work two jobs now since last month. Buddy of myn assistant auto manager at sears auto center in manch NH, wanted me to work for him.
He gave me a really nice deal too, 9.50/hr vs. everones $7.75 /hr, plus you get paid for the jobs you do, you change and balance 4 tires you get an extra 6.50 an hour for that job, and anything else you do and so on.

So I make roughly what i made at walmart, i made 16/hr at walmart dist. center stocking trucks (and i hate it) so i went to quit and just work at the autocenter.
Well my manager made me a offer i couldnt refuse so now iam stuck with both jobs.
I just gave the Money figures so you guys could see the struggle iam having deciding what to do, its alot of money
:(
but money is no good if you have no time to spend it.

sucks, no time for my daughter even. Iam just fuckin tired all damn day now.
I think i still might quit. uh.....
i dunno. SOrry, just rantin

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yeah, I work at wal-marts TLE. getting $9/hour im the only guy there that can do low profile tires. im talking LOW too. all the way down to 35 series. which reminds me...did an 03 cobra today. new wheels, and tires. i put 265s on the front 17x9s and the rear he had 315/30s i think, on 17X10.5s!!!!! :headbang: . it made my day

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
low profile tires suck.

some kid had these rediculous rims on his car.
I've only worked there for about a month now, and at the time it was only a week so i wasnt that great.
First time i ever did any these low. Fucking hard. I had to stick two of the metal bars in there, and i was rotating it, and it finally went. hard #### that is.. not welcoming my second pair of low profile tires.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The hardest ones by far are on a miata with 15s. its a 195/50/15. i haven't done anything harder ever, its like a rubberband wrapped around the wheel. I've been mounting tires almost 2 years. its not too bad once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've pretty much got the hang of it on regular cars and trucks. Trucks can be a ##### sometime just cause their so freaking bulky.
Other than that its easy, except when the balance machine is a #####.
hate that piece of junk sometimes, But iam sure it happesn to you once in a while.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Smokedya95stang said:
Well i work two jobs now since last month. Buddy of myn assistant auto manager at sears auto center in manch NH, wanted me to work for him.
He gave me a really nice deal too, 9.50/hr vs. everones $7.75 /hr, plus you get paid for the jobs you do, you change and balance 4 tires you get an extra 6.50 an hour for that job, and anything else you do and so on.

So I make roughly what i made at walmart, i made 16/hr at walmart dist. center stocking trucks (and i hate it) so i went to quit and just work at the autocenter.
Well my manager made me a offer i couldnt refuse so now iam stuck with both jobs.
I just gave the Money figures so you guys could see the struggle iam having deciding what to do, its alot of money
:(
but money is no good if you have no time to spend it.

sucks, no time for my daughter even. Iam just fuckin tired all damn day now.
I think i still might quit. uh.....
i dunno. SOrry, just rantin
Dude - you should quit one of those jobs, and work as a Valet on the weekends... I only do it 2 nights a week, and it's enough to support me. After 6-8 hours of work in one day, I come home with anywhere from $80 to $400 made in ONE NIGHT. You have to find a right place to work in though. The best paying spots are clubs, or really expensive restoraunts. Places where people get really drunk, or try to show off in front of their date/girlfriend - or both... It's pretty funny how guys tip when they're showing off in front of some chick - they'd give me like a $20 literally right in front of her, real casual but making SURE that she sees it.. I'm always like "Sweet.. thanks.." *thinking..*"good job.. you're now $20 poorer, and maybe still not even gonna get any tonight..* :)

Drunk people: tip well
Guys showing off: tip exceptionally well
Drunk and showing off: Cha-Ching, BANK

Not to mention, you get to drive some SERIOUSLY SWEET RIDES. I don't think there's a type of car out there on the street, that I havn't driven yet. Also good to contrast, and rank cars - since you get to drive like 40 different cars in one day. You can REALLY tell the difference in handling, acceleration, etc.. when you just got out of one car, and got into another. I even got a nice list of exotics, and Houston Rockets basketball players bling blinging trucks under my belt... This is like one job I actually look forward going to

·
Registered
574 Posts
No offense, DE, but I'd rather leave my car parked in Compton w/ the windows down and keys in it than leave it with you. :shock: :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Changing tires, what fun. I am a cheap SOB. So cheap that I fix my own flats, mount my own tires and balance them too. You know those lug wrenches the factory gives you? Another name is tire iron. They were originally designed, way back when, to let YOU mount and dismount your own tires. Try that one day and you'll appreciate the machines you got. I've done a P255/60R15, which is a bear on safety rims. I'm thinking about popping for one of those Harbor Freight tire changers, $30.

Steve

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
.:DarkEntity:. said:
None taken... I would too... :D
lol I love this forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts