Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put about 30 miles on her today and i was doing pretty good took off on hills from a stop well and im feeling all confident so i drop off my dad who is helpin me out with the process and im like im gonna go to my buddies and he is like ok i think u r ok. So i leave and im all like yeah i got the hang of this so i do a 2nd gear WOT test and make about 10 pounds of boost which scares the crap out of me , then after getting my bearings and putting my eyes back in there sockets from the back of my head i go to make a right on a stop light and im thinking "yeah im the best at a 5 speed oh crap im tryin to start in 3rd gear JOLT JOLT JOLT STALL" Right in the middle of the road with this guy behind me. Of course i didnt realize at that moment i was trying to start in 3rd because im thinking its in first not knowing i had went from neutral to 3rd not first so i try again with the same results. So im starting to get nervous and this dude in a big truck is right behind me thinking wtf is this guy doing stalling in the middle of the road i am like plz god let me get the car moving then just for an idea i put it back in neutral and realize i was tryin in 3rd :D So i put it in 1st and take off all gangsta like. IM LEARNING!!!

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
haha you dont know about crappy driving until you misshift going into 3rd from the top of 2nd and find yourself in 1st again. i did this to my homies rsx-s before he sold it. he wanted me to learn how to drive a stick, and he didnt care about me wrecking his baby cause he we selling it.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
oh btw you got the neon now?

sweet whens it gonna be modding time?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hmmmm....never started out in third.... :p

Funny story today, still got my permit :oops: , drove to a town near by with my parents in the car. So I'm in the Tempo about ready to cross the road. People on this road flew by doing about 50 MPH. I had one chance and I took it. I slammed the gas in that Tempo, it's throwing gravel everywhere I shoot across traffic and make into my lane. Whole time my dad is saying "Their ya go! Lay it down!"

:D

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill prb get a BOV in a lil bit. Not really gonna worry about modding speed till i get good at driving it. Its a 13 sec car with a good driver so its not like i need to be in a hurry to make it faster. Specially when 2nd scares me enough stock :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
glad ur havin fun with the new car, but it is still so sad that any neon is faster than a stang :no:

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
especially a stock 4 banger is faster than fords stock 4.6. thats just crazy stuff right there. when will ford get its act together and realize that they need a better engine. for crying out loud, they have the 5.8 use it. chevy was using their top V8 engine in its camaro, why doesnt ford use its top 5.8 in its mustang? its just a bored out 4.6 right? if you got the technology use it. thats crazy though high 13's with only like 230 hp. mustangs have almost 300 and they only run 14's. wow good thing fords going VTEC now. copying technology invented 15 years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
dude and mussels get that girl out of your sig. makes me sad how fat us americans are getting while theres so many people starving every day in 3rd world countries. its hella sad.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Nobody told you not to get on it for like the first 500 miles?

You really shouldn't rev it that high or that long yet. then at like 500, get an oil change and go easy on her for another 250 or so..

but then again, it's your money.

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
actually ur incorrect. In the manual it specifically says to make boost for a few seconds then let off occasionally. Im changing to synthetic at 700 miles the rings should be set by then. My 04 is rated at 230hp but most of the dyno slips ive seen on it are around 230-235 on average at the wheels. There isnt as much parasitic loss as a RWD car but thats still a good 240-245 at the engine. In a 2800 pounds car with atleast 255 ft lbs of torque its hella quick. :headbang: Unless im wrong GT's r only putting up 260 at the engine? Alot of SRT-4's will have the same if not more power putting down as a GT does. Taking weight into consideration and the fact i have a turbo for top end and that explains why there not as fast. 32 valve 03 snake is a different story tho. But then again so is the price tag.

·
Registered
567 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
especially a stock 4 banger is faster than fords stock 4.6. thats just crazy stuff right there. when will ford get its act together and realize that they need a better engine. for crying out loud, they have the 5.8 use it. chevy was using their top V8 engine in its camaro, why doesnt ford use its top 5.8 in its mustang? its just a bored out 4.6 right? if you got the technology use it. thats crazy though high 13's with only like 230 hp. mustangs have almost 300 and they only run 14's. wow good thing fords going VTEC now. copying technology invented 15 years ago.

ummm ok. :wtf:

Look at the price difference between a new camaro(when they were sold) and a new GT. to drop a 5.4 in a mustang the price will go up a lot.

GT's have 260bhp, weigh 3000+ lbs and rn low 14's high 13's bone stock..... :rolleyes:

And Ford isn't using VTEC and didnt copy anything. Their design is a little different then Honda's :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
neons and GTs are running the same times stock vs stock... i'm not going to try to have an argument over which car is better, because they are both nice cars. period. I personally prefer a RWD 2Door V8, but thats just me.

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brent said:
Unless im wrong GT's r only putting up 260 at the engine? Alot of SRT-4's will have the same if not more power putting down as a GT does.

yea thats 260hp without any power adder...

and 2.2 more liters of displacement. Run what ya brung. Ford has a forced induction car. And it costs 30 large. Not knocking the 03 cobra tho. Its my fav car right now :)

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WishForWings said:
neons and GTs are running the same times stock vs stock... i'm not going to try to have an argument over which car is better, because they are both nice cars. period. I personally prefer a RWD 2Door V8, but thats just me.

i dont know of any neons that can keep up with a new GT???? What are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
First off is Cars are regulated by The Governments required CAFE standards Corporate average fuel economy. It is based on all the cars being produced. All companied are right a the max limit now. Trucks and SUVs where not originally in CAFE because they were considered utility but because of the soccer moms SUV's were added but trucks are still not. Because of this they cannot put big ass engines in all there cars. only in limited versions.

Take the SRT-4 a fast little car I admit but it is 1000 lbs less than a mustang. But take a 03-04 Cobra or even a 2000 Cobra R with a Big ass engine will stomp a SRT-4 in the dirt . Everything being equal a SRT-4 is more like a 04 Cobra than a GT both are top of there line so lets be real OK!!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts