Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at the moment I own a 2009 mustang but the sad part is that it came with a 4.0 and automatic transmission. Not really the easiest car to work on. By the end of the summer i should have enough to go out and buy a 5.0, 5 speed fox body mustang. I want one that runs and would be a fun project car to work on for a quite a few months until i get the thing running like new. I know, why give up a 2009 car for one thats over 20 years old? Well because its what i want. I want a car that i can build up with my own hands (mostly) and be proud of. Build a car the way i really want to you know? I just want to know how everyone here feels about their fox body mustang. What you guys love about them and the problems that you face with an older model mustang . Or if anyone who has owned more than one mustang wants to tell me how their fox compared. Feel free to post pics cause i would love to see some mustangs from these years that have actually been taken care of unlike most of the ones i see driving around.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
45thMustang said:
So at the moment I own a 2009 mustang but the sad part is that it came with a 4.0 and automatic transmission. Not really the easiest car to work on. By the end of the summer i should have enough to go out and buy a 5.0, 5 speed fox body mustang. I want one that runs and would be a fun project car to work on for a quite a few months until i get the thing running like new. I know, why give up a 2009 car for one thats over 20 years old? Well because its what i want. I want a car that i can build up with my own hands (mostly) and be proud of. Build a car the way i really want to you know? I just want to know how everyone here feels about their fox body mustang. What you guys love about them and the problems that you face with an older model mustang . Or if anyone who has owned more than one mustang wants to tell me how their fox compared. Feel free to post pics cause i would love to see some mustangs from these years that have actually been taken care of unlike most of the ones i see driving around.
Love foxbodys. Get a notchback. They are badass

·
Registered
829 Posts
Really can't go wrong with a notch or hatch. All depends on what you want and like. I love mine and the fact that performance parts are readily available and fairly inexpensive compared to the new ones.

As long as you stay 87 and newer, you shouldn't have problems finding any new interior pieces, or replacement pieces, my 86 is challenging to get some parts for.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really can't go wrong with a notch or hatch. All depends on what you want and like. I love mine and the fact that performance parts are readily available and fairly inexpensive compared to the new ones.

As long as you stay 87 and newer, you shouldn't have problems finding any new interior pieces, or replacement pieces, my 86 is challenging to get some parts for.
Yeah im looking for a 87-93 hatchback. For some reason the hatch just reminds me of the fastbacks in a way and it has a little more space in the back.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
45thMustang said:
Yeah im looking for a 87-93 hatchback. For some reason the hatch just reminds me of the fastbacks in a way and it has a little more space in the back.
We are selling one where do u live? We got an 89 hatchback if ur willing to come to South Carolina for it. 3500

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are selling one where do u live? We got an 89 hatchback if ur willing to come to South Carolina for it. 3500
Live up in North Georgia but only problem is i have to save up for the car first. Kind of low on cash right now and it would probably be around late august when id be able to afford it. Right car and price that im looking for though.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
45thMustang said:
Live up in North Georgia but only problem is i have to save up for the car first. Kind of low on cash right now and it would probably be around late august when id be able to afford it. Right car and price that im looking for though.
That's cool man take ur time we ain't in a rush to sell. Ain't nobody lookin at it or anything

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

91notchback said:
NICE car!!
Haha thanks man

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
I want. Lol I need a even number of mustangs again I'm down to three.

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
I have an 01 gt 03 v6 and 93 fox super fun to drive . The biggest thing is with an older car is things can go wrong at random. 20 yr old parts.. and you lose safety features.. airbags ect...

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Lookin for a notchback?
Yeah

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
5 speed man. It's got alot of stuff done to the engine as well
Hopefully not too much. Trying to find some in good shape with a moderate amount of mods. I still want to have some fun building up the car too

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

I have an 01 gt 03 v6 and 93 fox super fun to drive . The biggest thing is with an older car is things can go wrong at random. 20 yr old parts.. and you lose safety features.. airbags ect...

What are some of the most common problems that come up? Like interior malfunctions as well as in the engine bay.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts