Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Not quite. Curb weight for the ecoboost mustang is 3500 and that guy has a dumped exhaust (~70-80 lbs) and light weight rims, which probably offsets the weight of the driver, so total vehicle weight is probably still around 3500.

1/4 calculators also factor crank HP, not wheel HP.

3500 lbs and 121 mph = about 470 at the crank, or about 390 at the wheels... nowhere near 525. I promise you, i have been tuning turbo cars for years, 525 on the stock turbo is 100% impossible.
I weighed mine at Sacramento Raceway! With me in the cat and 1/2 tank of gas its 3800lbs! Others have weighed 3750lbs!

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Not quite. Curb weight for the ecoboost mustang is 3500 and that guy has a dumped exhaust (~70-80 lbs) and light weight rims, which probably offsets the weight of the driver, so total vehicle weight is probably still around 3500.

1/4 calculators also factor crank HP, not wheel HP.

3500 lbs and 121 mph = about 470 at the crank, or about 390 at the wheels... nowhere near 525. I promise you, i have been tuning turbo cars for years, 525 on the stock turbo is 100% impossible.
OK! Not going to argue!

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
I weighed mine at Sacramento Raceway! With me in the cat and 1/2 tank of gas its 3800lbs! Others have weighed 3750lbs!

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

OK! Not going to argue!
Hey Voltwings! What do you think about the 550HP Ecoboost for $32,995 from the dealer in Ohio?

They just swapped turbos!

Don't you think that's a pretty good deal?

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Hey Voltwings, I have a dumped exhaust too! I get thumbs up from everybody! If you rev to 5500 rpm in 2nd gear, when you press in the clutch it backfires like a Toyota Supra!

Hey Voltwings! I'm buying the new S550 GT500 next year! Its supposed to be a V8 Ecoboost engine! Twin turbo and everything Ecoboost related! What do you think?

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
I'm not trading in my Ecoboost though! They say the Ecoboost is the beat mustang ever made!

I'll post pics here next year once I get the GT500 Ecoboost!

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Hey Voltwings! Go to Google and type in GT500 Ecoboost! 740HP+!!!

I like this website Voltwings! Hour a straight shooter and I like that! Kudos to you man!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I’ll just go with Joey Fanguys’ TT kit when it’s available...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
He’s using good aftermarket 54mm turbos with custom ex manifolds in the same placement as the turbos on a 3.5 ecoboost. Expected to be good for up to 700hp on a built 3.7 The problem with using oem EB turbos on the 3.7 was for such a free flowing, rev happy engine, they become a bottle neck as the rpm climbs. Which is why the guy who had them adapted to his car couldn’t get anymore than 350whp on pump gas, they’re too small.

I started this thread asking about the use of upgraded EB turbos, but never really got much of an answer and don’t really care anymore.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
He’s using good aftermarket 54mm turbos with custom ex manifolds in the same placement as the turbos on a 3.5 ecoboost. Expected to be good for up to 700hp on a built 3.7 The problem with using oem EB turbos on the 3.7 was for such a free flowing, rev happy engine, they become a bottle neck as the rpm climbs. Which is why the guy who had them adapted to his car couldn’t get anymore than 350whp on pump gas, they’re too small.

I started this thread asking about the use of upgraded EB turbos, but never really got much of an answer and don’t really care anymore.
A single EB turbo can run 11's in the 1/4 mile! I don't understand why its being considered to small!

With 2 EB turbos in twin turbo form there is no way 3 cylinders would bottleneck the engines airflow! Someone is not being honest!

I hate all this EB hate and undermining!! Piat off in fact!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
A single EB turbo can run 11's in the 1/4 mile! I don't understand why its being considered to small!

With 2 EB turbos in twin turbo form there is no way 3 cylinders would bottleneck the engines airflow! Someone is not being honest!

I hate all this EB hate and undermining!! Piat off in fact!
You realize the 3.5 EB and your car do not use the same turbo(s) correct?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sigh... There's a reason why this clown was banned on other mustang sites before landing here.

Reactions: JimC

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sigh... There's a reason why this clown was banned on other mustang sites before landing here.
I agree......................................

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't understand why people throw so much money at V6's or Ecoboost 4's TBH. The cost is insane on any platform, but with the 4's and 6's, you pretty much blow up the MPG gains over a V8. Plus, 99% of these owners do exterior mods where besides the badge, look exactly the same as a GT. So, why do this? If you want more power, why not start with the best power platform? I just don't get it lol. and, I am NOT a V6 or 4 banger hater. I'm just talking with the really expensive power mods, like adding turbos and superchargers, or the completely stupid...engine swapping.
The reason is because a lot of time it’s down to the money. I was saving up for a mustang and although I wanted a GT I could not afford one. But what I could afford was a manual V6, so that’s what I bought. Yah, it’s not as powerful as a GT, but honestly with the right modding it can be, and it can be faster too. Even if I spent the exact same money modding mine as I did a GT I’m still glad I went with this option because the difference is, you rolled your 465hp off the lot, I built mine. I’m happy with my choice because it means that I could learn as a car enthusiast modding my car instead of spending every penny paying off my GT. Plus, in a lot of respects, modding your v6 to make about the same hp or more is still often cheaper than going with a GT. Mines a 2016 and with the price I paid for it, and adding on the price of let’s say a supercharger and then necessary parts, I’m still down 8 grand on a slightly used GT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't understand why people throw so much money at V6's or Ecoboost 4's TBH. The cost is insane on any platform, but with the 4's and 6's, you pretty much blow up the MPG gains over a V8. Plus, 99% of these owners do exterior mods where besides the badge, look exactly the same as a GT. So, why do this? If you want more power, why not start with the best power platform? I just don't get it lol. and, I am NOT a V6 or 4 banger hater. I'm just talking with the really expensive power mods, like adding turbos and superchargers, or the completely stupid...engine swapping.
The 3.7 v6 with just 10 psi of boost can put down 500 rwhp. Whats wrong with that. The engine is lighter and a whole lot cooler than building a V8 like everyone else. Until you experience something different sounds like you will always be stuck in the past. There is so much technology no need to run V8's now days.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts