Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while ago i posted how i didnt have any brakes. Well... took it to meineke and had my master cylinder, proportion (somethin or another) valve, and rear pads all replaced... total cost

700 freakin dollars. Good god. THis has been almost a 1200 month with that and the nitrious kit :| oh well....

hopefully ill have my car back in the next couple days. That damn proportion valve thingy costs 290 bucks and can only get it from ford... those basterds :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I am sorry but the proportion valve is a metering device with a orifice trher is no moving parts so dont spend 290 bucks go to a junkyard and spend 20 bucks.

I dont know if I have ever heard of one going out. that is why you had to get it from Ford because aftermarketers dont make money on something that does not go out. but at the same time there are millions in the junkyards

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh well, dad helped out with the money so its all good :|

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
OK just remember when it is a part that has no moving parts go to a junk yard

Dads are cool about that stuff aren't they !!!!!

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wish you would have posted like 3 days ago when i posted this... i woulda gone to terry at midwest, hes about 10 minutes farther down the road then the dealer :( i bet he woulda hooked me up

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yes he would have!!!!! Terry is a good guy, He is currently in Las Vegas at a auto show. He will hopefully be the next advertiser to come onboard

·
Registered
349 Posts
ZimStang said:
Dude, I am totally mesmerized by your .sig trollop.

Prices from my local auto parts store.

M/C - $29.99 exchange

Rear pads - $24.99 premium semi-metallics

New geniune Ford Prop valve, non-ABS $77.83.

Figure another $20 for brake fluid, brake cleaner, etc. An hour or two of time to replace the parts and bleed the system. Sorry to hear about your brakes, take some shop classes while you can.

Steve

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im sure i COULD have done it if i felt like it, but ive got school going on right now, tests... that crap. I figured since i didnt have to shell out the money, i wasnt going to mess with it. Plus i didnt know what was wrong with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts