Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my mustang back to the original owner for a civic and a grand. I just got an 88 notchback. I got a stock 302 fuel injected, a 306 block and a complete running 390 big block fe out of a truck with the notch. Should I try to put the big block in it? He gave me the belhousing so I can line up a t5 to the 390 but will that hold up? Or would I need a beefed up t5. I don't have a tome limit on this so its gonna be a project ill do the right way over time, doesn't matter quite how long it takes. Should I give the big block a shot?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Sounds like a beast! yeah youre gonna want a stronger trans... especially if you decide to upgrade it at all (funny joke right). Theres a good thread on trannys that shouldnt be too far down the list

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a beast! yeah youre gonna want a stronger trans... especially if you decide to upgrade it at all (funny joke right). Theres a good thread on trannys that shouldnt be too far down the list
---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Alright. I was thinking about .just needing up a t5 but idk it'll last. The car comes with ALOT of aftermarket parts which is really nice its just a project that he doesn't have time for and ne lost his license lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
World class t5 usually are okay with up to 400hp I has a few friends who have run t5's is a/c cars run the t5 till it brakes then get it rebuilt with good parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts