Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the basic mods i can do to my car besides the headers o/r x-pipe, and exhaust, i also have 3.73 gears, pro 5.0 clutch, adjustable firewall cable, think thats it? thanks for any advice guys

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
You could move on to ignition mods, or induction mods like CAI, throttle body.. After your next mods I'd suggest some sort of chip. There are no handhelds for your car but there are a few options depending on wants, needs and budget.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im thinking intake manifolds upper and lower, then throttle body of course the CAI with the manifolds. im looking at an explorer intake and getting the CAI once i get back from afghanistan. I'll be honest i dont know really anything about 5.0's i used to have a 04 cobra and also a 04 40th gt but my first divorse took them to the bank:cry:....my wife now is all for my mustang so im good :headbang:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
im thinking intake manifolds upper and lower, then throttle body of course the CAI with the manifolds. im looking at an explorer intake and getting the CAI once i get back from afghanistan. I'll be honest i dont know really anything about 5.0's i used to have a 04 cobra and also a 04 40th gt but my first divorse took them to the bank:cry:....my wife now is all for my mustang so im good :headbang:
Do the HCI (Heads, Cam & Intake) if you can swing it. One of the biggest restrictions are the stock heads. There is an article on the net somewhere, where they changed the heads on a mild 5.0 to the AFR 165's and picked up 100 HP.

Then save up your pennies and get an AFM PMS for tuning. Save you the hassles of sending a chip back everytime you change something and there are a lot more tuning options to boot.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Do the HCI (Heads, Cam & Intake) if you can swing it. One of the biggest restrictions are the stock heads. There is an article on the net somewhere, where they changed the heads on a mild 5.0 to the AFR 165's and picked up 100 HP.

Then save up your pennies and get an AFM PMS for tuning. Save you the hassles of sending a chip back everytime you change something and there are a lot more tuning options to boot.
+1 had that tuner in mind when I made my post. Only thing I would add is an upgrade to the MAF, whether you buy one or use one off a new edge 4.6, with those mods I think it'll will be worth it.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
+1 had that tuner in mind when I made my post. Only thing I would add is an upgrade to the MAF, whether you buy one or use one off a new edge 4.6, with those mods I think it'll will be worth it.
For the MAF upgrade, I prefer the ABACO MAF for its ultimate tunability. :good:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts