Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I was just wondering, If I decided to go out and street race (not going to but out of curiousity my friend wants to, has same car as me) Say if he races 20-30 times that night, will he get any problems?, his engine is in good running condition, im just saying, just because its stock, it wont throw a rod or anything will it? Sorry if this question is completely noobish but im learnin, and so is my friend, thanks to anyone for any help!:)

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
If you constantly drive the car in the ground you will see problems. From the transmission going to possibly headgaskets blowing. The v6 mustang was not built for racing. However with some money invested in a tranny cooler(auto) a better clutch better gaskets(especially 94-95 Mustangs) you should be fine.

Tell your friend not to street race its dumb :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, ill tell him that, im not doing any racing in mine, I just wanna upgrade so its better then a stock V6, haha, anyway, thanks man, much appreciated! :) ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Couldn't agree more. The head gaskets on the early 3.8s are ticking time bombs. I cant believe I never blew them on my 94.

If you really want to have fun, find your local 1/8th mile track. They're less competitive and intimidating then a 1/4. And usually cheaper and you can get more passes in. I'd leave the street races for the imports. :good: :D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Head gaskets were a problem up to 96 and in 97 they were fixed with a new head gasket and in 98 they used the redesigned block slated for the 99

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ibanezplayer272 said:
Well I was just wondering, If I decided to go out and street race (not going to but out of curiousity my friend wants to, has same car as me) Say if he races 20-30 times that night, will he get any problems?, his engine is in good running condition, im just saying, just because its stock, it wont throw a rod or anything will it? Sorry if this question is completely noobish but im learnin, and so is my friend, thanks to anyone for any help!:)
i think racing "20-30 times that night" would be overdoing it for any car.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Street racing or track racing????? If it is boulevard blasting from light to light it is nmot that bad gfor the car but if it is at a track as long as there are some cool downs between races he is also ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts