Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a teemed tr-3650 in my fox and my reverse lights do not turn on in reverse, I crawled under the car to fix it since it has to be inspected soon and I believe this is the issue? If not what is this plug for?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the help, anyone know where I can get a new reverse light switch thing?

·
Registered
492 Posts
From the pic looks like it just needs to be plugged back in. If not, then you can get one from a junk yard for cheap. You will need to cut and splice it in.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look closely one of the terminals is broken off and is the only place from a junkyard?

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE:
We determined Matt has a Tremec 3550, not a 3650.
The switch he took pictures of is the neutral safety switch located near the end of the tail-shaft housing.
We may just leave it disconnected since it isn't harming anything with the broken wire.
His reverse light switch was actually located on the left side of the transmission housing, and upon removal and testing it was definitely bad.
I jumped the plug, and other than one bad taillight bulb, the wiring was fine and we replaced the bulb.
We ordered a new back-up light switch from CJ Pony Parts and it should be here/installed within the week.

Thanks for the help!

DD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts