Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy was talkin about it tonight but I didnt really hear him, he said to bad I didnt have a something shifter in this before I had to replace my tranny, or somethin like that, dont laugh im here to learn so I can be like you guys know and know every single ****in thing about the mustang and just all general engine and drivetrain. Any help? :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, I dont know, I think its called a Short Shifter... He said it puts alot less wear under hard driving conditions on the transmission... :p:

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
so u have a manual tranny, and he said that a short shifter would extend the life, i never heard that one before

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
listen bro, Im probably just confusing the hell out of you because I dont know what the hell im talkin about, I have an automatic, he said something shifter, I couldent hear him...

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
there is no such thing as a short shifter for an automatic thats is only for manuals, and changing anything in your auto shifter wont help anything unless he was talking about maybey modifying something with the manual valve (connected to auto shifter)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well then I guess ill just have to slap him around, so theres nothing that I can install to make my tranny last longer? im probably just gonna put in some 4.10's then..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I know but I was just sayin if theres nothin I can do for my tranny I might as well do something on my rear end. :)

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
lucas oil sometimes helps the tranny, but you have to flush it out after like a month for best results according to my transmissions teacher

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Things to do to a Automatic Transmission to improve it

Replace Fluid and Filter as recommended by Ford. Only use Ford approved Transmission with the words Mercon on it.

Install a Tranny cooler. This is big time life prolonger for a tranny

Get a shif kit but have it installed by a professional. and depending on year of car determines which kit to get

Get a chip to further improve shift points and frim up the shift

Get a stall converter. PI Stallion 2800 to 3000 stall seems to be universally considered to be second to none and is recommended by almost all mustang builders.

Thing never to do is rev the engine to high RPMs while in neutral and slam it into drive. This will KILL YOUR TRANNY!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts