Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry guys. have to tell this story.

I was coming home from work tonight and just crusing at 40-45mph with my windows down. A mustang GT comes up behind me and passes me for a second and then i pass him back up (maintaining same speed) and we both come to a red light. I really dont like to street race but sometimes you just have to put punks in their place. So he revs on me and i look over... his g/f is sitting in the passenger seat (almost a necessity i race him now, right?). I just glance back and put it in first gear and then just kinda roll-launched it. By 7000 rpms in first gear i already had a half car length on him. All the way up to 80mph when I shut down, it was just devistation.

Oh, I know he had at least aftermarket exhaust because I did hear a difference in the normal exhaust tone. I also noticed new headlights, so i know he does work on his car.

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Hahaha....that's funny...but the stang still sounds better...lol

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Isn't that always the best time to race....just to see his face when he loses...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99+ still 260hp to my 271hp.

It sucks cause I have new cams, cam gears and ARP head studs in my room right now waiting to be installed and tuned. That is another 40whp easily.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stock. I know he was modded though. he did okay for a slightly modded GT, but it was still pretty ugly for his sake

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
oh true..but yeah you should def still be able to take him you run like mid 13s stock + i know your modded so im guessing your low 13s maybe high 12s ?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dark02Pony said:
m guessing your low 13s maybe high 12s ?
I should be a consistant 12.6 right now with a good launch (I dont trust my clutch, so i would expect 12.8s or so since i dont launch the hell out of it). With the cams and everything else installed and tuned.. should be 12.3-12.4s all day.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
We all gotta do what we gotta do :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Monkey said:
I should be a consistant 12.6 right now with a good launch (I dont trust my clutch, so i would expect 12.8s or so since i dont launch the hell out of it). With the cams and everything else installed and tuned.. should be 12.3-12.4s all day.
That will help alot. Once I get my long tubes & cams I should be almost in the 11's. Then it is aftercooled vortech time. :p:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey Monkey, what does your car run stock?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats but remember, You still Drive a Mitsh... :disgust:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts