Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what they sound like and can i quiet it up?and when install one could i take it off in case i need warrenty repairs, would ford kno it was there at 1 point? thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
it sounds like an obvious whining sound.

the only way to quiet it up is to have the vortech SQ-2. that is a quiet blower.

it takes about 18hrs to install a vortech, but yes, you could take it off. they would have to look at your oil pan for evidence of it being there.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
18 friggin hours?! o_O

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how bout with a procharger do they whine bad? and wud there be evidence even if i took every thing off?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
procharger whines exceptionally loud. and no. once you take a blower off, a dealership wouldnt be able to tell. vortech or procharger.

it may have been 12hrs for the vortech.. i cant remember right now. (but that takes into consideration of tapping the oil pan, installing the fuel pump, injectors, etc.... basically from stock car to blown car)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks. does the whine sound bad? and how hard is it to install new injectors?and a new fuel pump? what i guess im really asking is it hard to install a procharger?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
if youre asking how to install injectors or fuel pump, i would def. get it installed by someone else.

as for the whine. have you head the 03 cobra's blower? or a lightning's blower? it will sound like that... maybe a bit louder for procharger. you can do it yourself.. just have a friend help you cause ther will be stuff that you wont know what it's talking about

·
Registered
614 Posts
Do you want it quiet so that your car is sleeper? Personally when I get my procharger I'm gonna be glad to have the extra noise. Anyone know knows anything about cars will hear that s/c and be intimidated. Just like a turbo's blow off... the supercharger's whine is the sound to warn people and say... "dont f'ck with me!"

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
the Vortech has an oil fitting that the dealer _could_
look for, but other than that you could remover the
entire thing and hide the fact U have one. The ATI
has no such fittings, but most kits also have an intercooler
that would need R&R for a trip to the dealer. So look for
a longer remove and replace session for warranty work :(

·
Registered
678 Posts
Monkey said:
it may have been 12hrs for the vortech.. i cant remember right now. (but that takes into consideration of tapping the oil pan, installing the fuel pump, injectors, etc.... basically from stock car to blown car)
12 hrs? good lord!

Well i didn't install it but GTR took like 6 hours or so :D

Anyhow if you wanna check the sound of the V1 vortech supercharger check out www.showstang.com and the sound files are on the left hand side, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah, but for first timers it takes longer. im sure i could install a blower in 6hrs if ive done them multiple times before. but on the vortech site it says something liek 12hrs for the average person to install.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
why haven't i hopped on this one yet?

when vortech v-2 went on it took about 10 hours, including dyno time.

the blower itself isn't noticable until the car hits about 2500-3000 rpms where it really starts to pick up a slightly louder whine, but most people can't tell its in there. i decided to keep my gauges somewhat stealthy as to hide the beast within. :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
both the vortech v2-sq and the procharger are good superchargers, i do know that procharger is a little louder at idle to around 2,000 rpms then you can't hear it. i'm not sure with the vortech but i know that they are not as loud as a whipple or a kenne bell supercharger, especially kenne bell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts