Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read about deleting the sound tube that runs from your intake tube to the firewall; not a bad idea. Makes the cabin of the car much quieter and removes the unsightly look of the tube running along the side of your engine bay. I found some "kits" you can buy online for this mod but didn't agree with the prices for a small rubber plug.

So here's a cheaper alternative I found:
-Firewall Plug (purchased at Pep Boys, Help Section)
-Intake Tube Plug (Purchased at Home Depot, Hardware Section)
*Total Cost: Under $5 total for both pieces*

I recommend this quick and easy mod to anyone who wants to reduce cabin noise; afterall, if you still want to hear your pony roar, just roll down your windows! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks, been meaning to do it for some time, the pictures are great, save you from looking through all that stuff at Lowes/Pep Boys/Autozone

·
Registered
313 Posts
sound tube delete

So I read about deleting the sound tube that runs from your intake tube to the firewall; not a bad idea. Makes the cabin of the car much quieter and removes the unsightly look of the tube running along the side of your engine bay. I found some "kits" you can buy online for this mod but didn't agree with the prices for a small rubber plug.

So here's a cheaper alternative I found:
-Firewall Plug (purchased at Pep Boys, Help Section)
-Intake Tube Plug (Purchased at Home Depot, Hardware Section)
*Total Cost: Under $5 total for both pieces*

I recommend this quick and easy mod to anyone who wants to reduce cabin noise; afterall, if you still want to hear your pony roar, just roll down your windows! :thumb:
OK, so I went to advance and no problem, got the same P/N firewall plug.
LOWES didn't have the exact same stopper so I went 1/16 larger and small and neither fit my intake tube, too large.
FYI my vehicle is a 2013. So after measuring I need 1&1/8 to 1&1/4.
We have a rule in my family.
Every project requires two trips to the parts store and or hardware store.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You just have to be careful with the intake plug. I went this route a while ago and a few months later my car kept stalling out. Found out that the plug fell out even though it was snug as **** when I put it in.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sound tube

Yeah I'm a little nervous about the plug for that reason.
I saw he clamped it with the factory clamp. I may put some rtf on it

·
Registered
142 Posts
I removed a foam piece or two when i got my gt in june 2012. Loved it ever since. Cabin noise is music at the right times and barely noticeable when not driving to please.

I vote for no blocking 👍👂

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 12 of 12 Posts