Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-? I was wondering if I need to buy the EGR valve adapter or could I just do without it? If I do have to have it, what exactly is it and where do I get it? Also, I still seem to be a littler confused on where this hidden tube is under my intake manifold? :-?

I bought some phenolic material from Erik, I plan on cutting and making the spacer myself like he did.

thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you dont need the egr adaption plate.

to find the egr, just look for a big silver bowl type thing near your upper manifold. that is the egr.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's not a plate that he's talking about though. It's the tube extension that is mentioned in the how to. I was wondering about this as well. I will be installing my spacer one of these days (after I get the bolts) and was wondering what the size of this extension is (diameter and thread pitch)

thanx

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The total length of the extention is about 2 inches... I'll see if I can find a picture...

You can see that it is standing on it's end on the left-middle side of this picture. I'm not too sure of the pitch angle at all... since I didnt take my calipers to it before I installed it. You could always email Flex and ask him the specs on it.

Weither or not you really NEED it is questionable... but your pipe manuvering/rebending skills will be put to the test. Even with the extention, I had to rebend the pipe a little to get it to work right.

·
Registered
529 Posts
hmmmm, stick a tire iron in the end of the pipe and go to work on it? :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts