Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 Convert. Stang and currently have 17x9 with 275/40/17 tires in the rear. I was wondering if i could put some spacers on my rims to fill in the tire wells in the rear? any help will be greatly appreciated.

James

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Those 275's fill the wheel well pretty well...but if you're wanting to go with spacers..just remember, they sometimes lead to problems with your stems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really

So you wouldn't recommend them? Its just that i have installed pro kits with the 17x9 with 275/40/17 and im still not as satisfied as i would be with 17x10 with 305/40/17.with stating that wouldnt a spacer compensate for the differnce? have you hear of people running spacers on stangs?

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
cagedthought said:
So you wouldn't recommend them? Its just that i have installed pro kits with the 17x9 with 275/40/17 and im still not as satisfied as i would be with 17x10 with 305/40/17.with stating that wouldnt a spacer compensate for the differnce? have you hear of people running spacers on stangs?
I've heard of ppl running spacers, I even thought about it at one point. Just seems like the car would look out of balance to me, maybe someone else will chime in here in a minute.

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
Do not get aluminum. If they are steel then there probably won't be any problems. Be sure to retorque the wheels every few weeks when you air your tires.

1" should be plenty in the back

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
I am not sure why Brent is opposed to Aluminum spacers as long as the are a good Alloy. If they are untreated soft lauminum that would suck. I would by a quality name brand company and not some generic low dollar stuff found sometimes on Ebay. I see no problem with low dollar CAI's but for something keeping the rim on the car is to critical to rely on the unknown. It becomes a safety issue. I would hesitate to add steel spacers, Extra Weight, to your wheels. That just increases centrifical weight/drag making the car slower

I am not a big fan of puttin 1" spacers on rims as wide as yours. I would go with 1/2 " but that is me.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
if you look at how the tire fits in the fender it probably sticks out just about right... i know the top of the fender covers some of it but from side to side it looks really nice, I wouldnt mess with it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
NHRA rules dont allow spacers to be used so remember that too. As for me i will never put them on any car i ever own

1 - 10 of 10 Posts