Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have an idea on how much it would cost to make a spare key? i know they are those special electronic keys so i have no idea.

thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
a place in town told me that it would be around $100 for a new key, and to have it programed. I was like :lol: your crazy :lol:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
or u could just buy a key bypass like for a remote start for ~$20. Then have a spare of your key made at wal mart or something. Normally, it would only open ur doors and trunk, not turn the engine over, but with the bypass having learned your code, it should crank it too. :cool:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I also think I remember seeing "blank" ford keys on ebay at some point. I don't feel like checking, so somebody else can if they care.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
yeah, i think most of the cost of getting a spare is the actual purchase by ford of a blank key, and the rest is programming and cutting.

i havent tried, but I would think it would be cheaper if u took a blank key into ford and asked for a copy.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
$70 to $200 for a new one, (or reprogram one) at least thats what we charge at work, sucks i want a 3rd one, but to much money

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Fishers Stang said:
$70 to $200 for a new one, (or reprogram one) at least thats what we charge at work, sucks i want a 3rd one, but to much money
damn dude thats expensive. U can't get like a deal, or get one for free..?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts