Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to replace the plugs on my stock Auto 2002 GT, what spark plugs do you recommend. Was just going to go with the stock Motorcraft Plugs but would like to hear from you guys.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Stock unless you're doing forced induction. Then I recommend NGK.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Do you live in California or care about emissions? Does it get terribly cold most of the year?? If you answered no to both of these go one step colder with the 103 I listed. You car will be able to advance more timing making more power. Stock plugs are for emissions and really keep the timing down due to knock. Colder plug you'll be able to run more timing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oem motorcraft for n/a and ngk for boost/nitrous applications

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I use "HT1".

·
ME Bloodhound
14,700 Posts
Do you live in California or care about emissions? Does it get terribly cold most of the year?? If you answered no to both of these go one step colder with the 103 I listed. You car will be able to advance more timing making more power. Stock plugs are for emissions and really keep the timing down due to knock. Colder plug you'll be able to run more timing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

California is mostly strict on visual testing. So different plug won't really affect emissions testing at all. Even with higher timing. I ran pretty aggressive timing for a while but had issues destroying plugs so switched, but never had any issues with emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have used NGK with much success. I want to try a step colder plug myself in my new Coyote.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts