Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i wanted to change my spark plugs on my 07gt and saw a tsb ford put out saying that if you where to take out the spark plugs they could possibly break or strip the treads? Anyone change spark plugs? Lately?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do a search on YouTube. There are some good videos on there showing how to remove the sparkplugs without breaking them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ive seen a few im just sacred one will break i was hopeing for input from people
Who have removed them....

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yeah ive seen a few im just sacred one will break i was hopeing for input from people
Who have removed them....
Just did mine about 6 months ago. No problems. Take your time spray a good amount of penetrate, I used Sea Foam. Then loosen 1/8 to 1/4 turn tighten back slightly, go again. They broke loose after a few tries. The issue is carbon build up inside the cylinder and grabbing the plug causing the ceramic to break. Read the TSB. I pretty much followed that. Lisle makes a tool for removing broken ones, it's about $70. I didn't need it. Just take your time and use anti-seize on the new ones. I don't think anyone sells the two piece design anymore. I had about 90k when I did it.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
[/COLOR]
What type of spark plugs did you put in? Oem motorcraft?
I put in E3 plugs. I like them, they seem to be better than stock. I'm sure this will start an argument as to which plugs are best.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Bosch platinum +4 for me . JMO
Crappiest spark plug ever made!!!!! Lmao I ran those, smooth idle ya, but I was getting ready for nitrous so I changed them to NGK Rs 2 step colder and holy hell did the car do better all around, I'll never mess with those waste of money boschs again

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

I put in E3 plugs. I like them, they seem to be better than stock. I'm sure this will start an argument as to which plugs are best.
Ehh we don't have alot of choices for plugs on these 3vs so I doubt anyone will argue those

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Crappiest spark plug ever made!!!!! Lmao I ran those, smooth idle ya, but I was getting ready for nitrous so I changed them to NGK Rs 2 step colder and holy hell did the car do better all around, I'll never mess with those waste of money boschs again

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Ehh we don't have alot of choices for plugs on these 3vs so I doubt anyone will argue those
That's because u can't run the +4 with nitrous . Have had no problem with them .

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
they can, if they break ford charges like 100-150 per plug to fix. If you pay ford to do it and they break you still get charged the same.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That's because u can't run the +4 with nitrous . Have had no problem with them .
I changed them b4 the nitrous, come on guy I'm smarter then that. I thought that were good too till I went to NGKs

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just did mine about 6 months ago. No problems. Take your time spray a good amount of penetrate, I used Sea Foam. Then loosen 1/8 to 1/4 turn tighten back slightly, go again. They broke loose after a few tries. The issue is carbon build up inside the cylinder and grabbing the plug causing the ceramic to break. Read the TSB. I pretty much followed that. Lisle makes a tool for removing broken ones, it's about $70. I didn't need it. Just take your time and use anti-seize on the new ones. I don't think anyone sells the two piece design anymore. I had about 90k when I did it.
Agree here did the same thing just be careful not to put to much penetrant so you don't get hydro lock I believe it says that in tsb. I used carb cleaner. Just remember if It doesn't turn don't force it

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

+1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts