Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... who want's to help me out today?!

Ok... here's what I'm thinking... my Fiero owning friend is talking about putting new spark plugs and such in his car... and I was thinking... hmm... I want some more color under the hood lol.

So I was thinking about upgrading my spark plug wires. First off, what gain will I get from them, and second off, what brands do you all prefer and what size. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I like my MSD wires and they are red and like Brent said unless your wires were crappy there will be no gain Only ricers gain about 20 -30 HP from a wire change

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sharum?? Are you saying that you are a Ricer Stang man? LOL, btw, I was probably real close to you when I came up to Gaithersburg Md and back wasn't I? Straight up I 95 to DC then 495 to 270......??

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah dude... you were real close to me. Nah... I'm no ricer. My car may have a few significant signs of rice ::cough:: spoiler ::cough:: but I'm getting that fixed :) When were you up in Gaithersburg?

So... what size wires?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Went up Tues, had to stay overnight, blew a right front brake hose and they couldn't get one til morning, got my IRS swap done at Sheehy Ford there. Got back here late yesterday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
They are 8.5 you just order the 3.8 V6 mustang kit EE carries them. They also carry Taylor which I have heard were good but I have not tried them

http://www.extremeeffect.com/38Electrical.html

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
8mm wires should be fine I think that is what I had on my V6er, don't have any spark plug wires on my GT, can't even see the plugs, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
ok, 8.5, been a while since I had any plug wires :D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Rick0636 said:
ok, 8.5, been a while since I had any plug wires :D
And without plug wires what are you using to caryy the spark or do you just break out the Zippo to get combustion ????? :shock: :-? :-? ;) ;)

Here is some public service for you HEHEHEHEHE

http://www.extremeeffect.com/46plugwires.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts