Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Do some research about removing the original plugs. They can break off. If you're careful they come. I got mine in one piece.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Jboogie said:
Anybody else use brisk plug?
I've used them.. There great plugs and wouldn't really use anything else

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Do you see a difference without FI or nitrous? Just bolt ons and tune

·
Registered
916 Posts
Not really. I mean you might feel a little bit of a difference and the car should run a little better that's about it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where can u order them domain?

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Where can u order them from?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Jboogie said:
What is the best way to take out 2 piece spark plugs?
Pay someone else to do it...

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Jboogie said:
Penetrating oil and lots an lots of patience. If its your dd, buy the Lisle tool before hand just in case you brake one.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If Ford changes them and breaks them, they will charge a chunk to remove it. If you're careful you can do it. I changed mine with no breaks. The issue is when carbon builds up inside the head around the plug and allows the ceramic part to break. There are several links if you search here, I may have posted one a while back. The trick is to go slow, spray something that removes carbon around the plug, not too much and let it set for 15-20 minutes. Then loosen a 1/4 turn , tighten, loosen a little more, tighten , until it comes out. If you break one, they sell a kit online for around $80 to extract the broken piece. I think Ford charges around $200. Look it up, if you're careful it'll be fine. Ford is going to use an impact driver to remove it and may break one. I don't think you can buy the two piece POS plugs anymore.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
If they break they sell a tool to get them out it worked on my dads 07 f-150

·
Registered
916 Posts
Azure said:
Never heard of this company until this thread. I'm diggin it :good:

Lisle Specialty Tools
Just saw this company recently as well. They look like they have some nice stuff

1 - 20 of 28 Posts