Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Spark plugs

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Finchms 
#1 ·
What kind of spark plugs are you guys running? I was thinking about trying the E3 diamond fire plugs in my car but I'm unsure if they are worth it. I'm running autolites right now in my gt40p heads.

#3 ·
I don't know anything either. But I do in now that most fancy plugs aren't what they are cracked up to be. I also run autolites. I would just make sure you have proper gap.

I would also avoid any plug that has multiple straps/prongs. Because imo they are just decreasing exposure to the mixture.

There is also an article in the stickies for some spark plug mods. They maybe shorten the life of the plug but will better expose the spark. Also indexing the plugs is a good idea if you feel lime hassling with it. :good:

#4 ·
dreamstang said:
I don't know anything either. But I do in now that most fancy plugs aren't what they are cracked up to be. I also run autolites. I would just make sure you have proper gap.

I would also avoid any plug that has multiple straps/prongs. Because imo they are just decreasing exposure to the mixture.

There is also an article in the stickies for some spark plug mods. They maybe shorten the life of the plug but will better expose the spark. Also indexing the plugs is a good idea if you feel lime hassling with it. :good:
Might have to tinker with them a bit, gonna have all winter heh. Still have to modify a 5/8 spark plug wrench so I can get all my plugs out

#5 ·
Autolites FTW! :good:

Most of those "gimmick" plugs are just that, a gimmick to get your money and nothing more. :disgust:

I did a lot of research on plugs years ago and the only ones worth using IMO are the fine tipped iridium plugs, use them on boosted engines.

#12 ·
dreamstang said:
They have worked flawlessly for me for years. :confused:

I do know slowstang has had a bad batch. But they could have been damaged after production.
Yes I did get some bad ones, still think they are a great product too. :good:

#16 ·
dreamstang said:
They have worked flawlessly for me for years. :confused:

I do know slowstang has had a bad batch. But they could have been damaged after production.
I've never had a bad batch with autolites but I did have 1 that went bad after only 15 miles in a 89 ford ranger I used to have. Basically melted the electrode and arch together, never could figure out how that happened but I have autolites for years with no problems since that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.