Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best aftermarket spark plug for a 2000 GT? It's time for me to replace them. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i've always just run motorcraft service plugs in my stangs...never an issue...i swap them every 30ish k miles

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I've always heard motocraft copper tip was the best for mod motors. Haven't had my car long enough to change yet. Previous owner did right before I got it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
At stock or mild bolton the motorcraft or autolite coppers are your best plug.

·
Registered
598 Posts
On stock or basic bolt on cars keep factory motorcraft plugs. Any mod motor with FI i would use NGK TR6 period and adjust gap accordingly

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
lowflyn said:
At stock or mild bolton the motorcraft or autolite coppers are your best plug.

image-2576068212.jpg

These??

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
All modern precious metal electrode spark plugs have copper core conductors--break any one of them open and you will see. Also there is no such thing as a "copper tip" plug, a copper electrode would melt and not last 30 seconds. Most all non-precious metal (platinum/iridium/etc) plugs use a nickel/chrome alloy (very rarely tungsten) for the center electrode. Here is a good article about spark plugs, it was edited by yours truly for WeaponX so it has a bit of sales pitch to it, however the technical information is accurate.

As to what to use, I run Champions in everything we own, they have been making spark plugs for 120 years and if there were better ways to make them they would have figured it out or bought the technology. Their single platinum plug is all our cars need as unlike the EDIS dual coil setup on the earlier 4.6L Mustangs the COPs all fire with conventional polarity...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts