Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the best spark plugs. Right now I have the pulstar set that supposed to give you a few more up I guess and better spark. Looking to do my coil packs an new plugs any ideals?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I just got them today!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh nice . Do you have a lot of power upgrades?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

What about coil packs. Msd is prob a good bet

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think oem is the way to go on spark plugs. Ngk and autolite also make good plugs though. The main difference is in the electrode material, and single or two piece design. There's copper, platinum, and iridium, which will have better durability depending on material; copper being the least and iridium the most. I think coil packs are a waste on money unless you have a lot of upgrades and are making some serious power, or your current ones are starting to give out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Personally I use NGK Iridium 9's.. They work amazing, especially at higher RPM. Combined with the MSD COPs I use, I've noticed I have more top end power for longer. Lemme know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I'm looking to do a lot of work this summer. Whole rear end . Coil packs plugs, pulleys, and maybe turbo or supercharger.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
For a bolt on car oem coils and autolite plugs are your best bet.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Interesting. My car begs to differ.. Tried and true you say? Prove it.
Your serious? Do some research... 15 years in tinkering with Mustangs, I've got nothing to prove.

If your car doesn't like them then that's that, everyone else's does. Not interested in an argument or a debate.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your ignorance is my bliss. I don't need to research Genius, I have a degree. Half the crap on the internet is from ignorant fools who "claim" to know because they have Blah Blah Blah experience. In your case, "tinkering". Take it from somone who knows from an engineering standpoint. If you're not interested in an argument or debate, then why did you reply? Define "Everyone Else". You have everything to prove with your ignorant comments. If you didn't have anything to prove, you wouldn't have said anything. Starting to see a pattern here? Why don't you just run along boy? Let the people with common sense talk here.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Your ignorance is my bliss. I don't need to research Genius, I have a degree. Half the crap on the internet is from ignorant fools who "claim" to know because they have Blah Blah Blah experience. In your case, "tinkering". Take it from somone who knows from an engineering standpoint. If you're not interested in an argument or debate, then why did you reply? Define "Everyone Else". You have everything to prove with your ignorant comments. If you didn't have anything to prove, you wouldn't have said anything. Starting to see a pattern here? Why don't you just run along boy? Let the people with common sense talk here.
:lmao: welcome back dude.. We missed your arrogance... Still rocking those ricer lights? :lmao:

As for my tinkering.. I'll take real experience over your text book experience. Reply if you like K but your now on my ignore list, good day sir.

·
Registered
44 Posts
WTF?? Did I miss something? Anyways, don't mind being on this guy's ignore list, probably better off anyways. His ignorance is astounding though. It just never ends does it? "Text Book" experience is backed by "real" experience. Otherwise it wouldn't be in the text books.. oh, and they don't just hand out pieces of paper. You have to be experienced both hands on and what not, and then pass in depth tests to get a degree.. something you could only hope for apparently. Good riddance oh mighty ignorant one!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I personally do not recommend NGK Iridium plugs. I had a set in and was experiencing an intermediate misfire. Hooked up to a Snap-on Modis, monitored the ignition system, used a wand to check voltage at each COP. Everything was in working order. All COPs within 1.5k volts. Automotive instructor sent me to Advance Auto parts to buy Motorcraft copper plugs. Pulled the NGKs out, all were gapped correct. Swapped in the Motorcrafts and saw a drastic reduction in misfire count after further monitoring. My instructor really doesn't care for Fords, but he knew the issue when he saw that everything else was working correct. This could be my car in particular though, it's impossible for me to claim this as some sort of indisputable proof that NGK's are no good. They just didn't work well for me.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
I personally do not recommend NGK Iridium plugs. I had a set in and was experiencing an intermediate misfire. Hooked up to a Snap-on Modis, monitored the ignition system, used a wand to check voltage at each COP. Everything was in working order. All COPs within 1.5k volts. Automotive instructor sent me to Advance Auto parts to buy Motorcraft copper plugs. Pulled the NGKs out, all were gapped correct. Swapped in the Motorcrafts and saw a drastic reduction in misfire count after further monitoring. My instructor really doesn't care for Fords, but he knew the issue when he saw that everything else was working correct. This could be my car in particular though, it's impossible for me to claim this as some sort of indisputable proof that NGK's are no good. They just didn't work well for me.
This is VERY common.. I've had similar exp with Bosh Platinum.. In 3 months the cores were gone, literally gone.. Never had any issues at all with my AutoLites and to top it of they are cheaper lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
This is VERY common.. I've had similar exp with Bosh Platinum.. In 3 months the cores were gone, literally gone.. Never had any issues at all with my AutoLites and to top it of they are cheaper lol
Mine were still in great shape, my car just hated them! Something I can't explain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts