Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best spark plug at a reasenable price? Need to change since i didnt yesterday. Is the plugs the reason for the jump and little drop of rpm at stop and in park. It just started doing this.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Whats the best spark plug at a reasenable price? Need to change since i didnt yesterday. Is the plugs the reason for the jump and little drop of rpm at stop and in park. It just started doing this.
Possibly could be the problem.. You'll notice if it's missing if when you're accelerating it kinda sounds weird and doesn't really want to go as fast or smooth as it normally should.. But yeah motorcraft plugs and wites

·
Registered
630 Posts
Autolite or motorcraft coppers are the best.. its not worth the extra cash to get fancy plugs, these ford motors don't agree with a lot of different plugs for some reason.

Guy I know has a early 2000s mach 1 all hyped up and he still uses autolite coppers.. he tried the e3s and they just gave out after about a month

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Torchredfrankie said:
So some expensive NGK plugs are not worth it?
On a mostly stock car, nope.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I went with autolite platinum and autolite wires runs sooo much better and even has a little more power. Now just need a air filter.
to be honest the power you feel is just from going from old plugs to new ones...it always surprises people how bad they need to replace them until they do

as for air filter consider a high flow drop in. Advance has both Spectre and K&Ns (spectre's are half the price)...i'd assume autozone carries them as well

·
Registered
630 Posts
to be honest the power you feel is just from going from old plugs to new ones...it always surprises people how bad they need to replace them until they do

as for air filter consider a high flow drop in. Advance has both Spectre and K&Ns (spectre's are half the price)...i'd assume autozone carries them as well
I know that feeling.. I did it a dumb way though, did plugs, then a week or so later a fuel filter, then a couple weeks later I did my wires and an oil change. I didn't really get a noticeable boost in power, just felt like it was a little closer to where it should be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts