Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Autolite 104s. Copper if you change them every 30,000 miles or less, double plats if you want to change them once and forget about it for longer. I use copper because you can read the plugs easy, they are $1 each and it takes literally 30-45 minutes to do them on a 2V. Its like 15 minutes on my 4V lol.

USE ANTI SEIZE AND A TORQUE WRENCH! 03 heads are 4 thread and strip VERY easily. 12-15 ft lbs with anti seize and that's it. That is barely any tighter than hand tight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys that’s what I used just making sure which is best, so she can run good, anyways I used motorcaft, NGK, or autolite.

do you think Autolite XP iridium XP 104 are good for her

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
They're fine, they wont' be any better than the double plats. If you are ok with changing every 30-40k miles then go copper. I always run copper in these cars, they are the best out of all of them for actual ignition and being able to read the plug. Changing plugs is like 45 minutes in a 2V and half that in a 4V.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Autolite 104s. Copper if you change them every 30,000 miles or less, double plats if you want to change them once and forget about it for longer. I use copper because you can read the plugs easy, they are $1 each and it takes literally 30-45 minutes to do them on a 2V. Its like 15 minutes on my 4V lol.

USE ANTI SEIZE AND A TORQUE WRENCH! 03 heads are 4 thread and strip VERY easily. 12-15 ft lbs with anti seize and that's it. That is barely any tighter than hand tight.
What is the gap? I know for more hp theres a preferred gap? 04 40th anni gt v8. But think its got some serious addons .. Still finding out what all they had planned for her... Whatever it was.. They were settin her up for speed...
20200424_112008_HDR.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
There is no gap that'll give you more HP unless you are boosted and need a narrower gap to avoid having the spark blown out. .052 for gap. Autolite 104 coppers. Antiseize on the threads and torque to 12-15ft lbs with a good torque wrench. That's 144-180inch lbs. People overthink spark plugs so much its comical. If you **** it up past this its your own fault.

That's a super clean engine bay btw. Nice!

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is no gap that'll give you more HP unless you are boosted and need a narrower gap to avoid having the spark blown out. .052 for gap. Autolite 104 coppers. Antiseize on the threads and torque to 12-15ft lbs with a good torque wrench. That's 144-180inch lbs. People overthink spark plugs so much its comical. If you **** it up past this its your own fault.

That's a super clean engine bay btw. Nice!
Thank you.. I try. Now im having another issue. The code on my SCT system is reading an issue with heater core. At the same time my AC stopped blowing cold air. It has freon. Could the issue be related. Like a domino effect?. Thank you for the input on plugs. Btw i changed my throttle position sensor...the reaction time is "more better".. :)

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Cooling would have 0 to do with the heater core. All it is is a radiator that flows hot coolant to heat up air. If your AC is borked it could be the clutch or compressor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts