Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering what all speakers and audio equipment is in he v6/v8.

So, say I wanted to totally replace each speaker, what would I put where and of what size? I searched and found nothing, I figure this would be great for people lie me with no clue. After we get the basic info this generation, chatter shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
809 Posts
there was a thread with someone asking what speakert they should get not to long ago. I did a detailed write up on what speakers I would get and why. You can look at my preveous posts if your interested.....

The site below will alow you to input your make and model info and show you only what fits your car...... Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras

This is what I chose to go with in my last review. I have not purchased them yet but plan too soon..... Infinity Kappa 682.11cf 6"x8" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rebeltx said:
there was a thread with someone asking what speakert they should get not to long ago. I did a detailed write up on what speakers I would get and why. You can look at my preveous posts if your interested.....

The site below will alow you to input your make and model info and show you only what fits your car...... Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras

This is what I chose to go with in my last review. I have not purchased them yet but plan too soon..... Infinity Kappa 682.11cf 6"x8" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com
I do not mean brands, I mean sizes, locations, and types. I THINK there is one per door, and two in the back behind the seats, but don't know sizes, if they're speakers or subs, or anything else.

Should call this 2010 Mustang Speakers 101

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
So for a shaker owner it looks like that with the plastic? That's new to me. As for subs, Shelby makes a kicker upgrade for them. Or you can disconnect them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
one speaker in each door and two behind the head rest's in the back. I think there all 6x8. Im not sure where the sub is for the shaker system...... Im pretty sure kicker makes the shaker system for the mustang already, I bet shelby replaces the amp or just the sub...... really, an alpine R-10 in a ported box will punch harder and give off better clarity that the stock sub ever will.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
So for a shaker owner it looks like that with the plastic? That's new to me. As for subs, Shelby makes a kicker upgrade for them. Or you can disconnect them.
See my updated pic, that was the older Ford Mach speakers but same idea as the pic of the 2013 shaker in the door. Basically plates to hold a mid-range and tweeter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
6x8s two in the doors and two in the rear deck. Pretty easy to do especially if you have the harness for them. I ordered mine off of crutch field and they sent me the harnesses for free

·
Registered
964 Posts
Iv got a 1500 w 12 in my car now it hits plenty hard enough. I got a 15 in Rockford fosgate p3 sitting in the floor I think I may put in it when I get the car back from the shop. It's 800 watts and supposed to handle 2000 I think??
It's crazy loud . Ready to see what it sounds like in the mustang . I have a 1000w Memphis amp pushing my sub .

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
one speaker in each door and two behind the head rest's in the back. I think there all 6x8. Im not sure where the sub is for the shaker system...... Im pretty sure kicker makes the shaker system for the mustang already, I bet shelby replaces the amp or just the sub...... really, an alpine R-10 in a ported box will punch harder and give off better clarity that the stock sub ever will.
Yes it will. I had an all alpine system. Pure ear sex. It was a 10 And people asked what 12's I ran. The shaker subs are in the lower door panel. Kinda cool but inconvenient. The 1000 (which I've yet to see on a 10-14) has 2 10's in the trunk.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Iv got a 1500 w 12 in my car now it hits plenty hard enough. I got a 15 in Rockford fosgate p3 sitting in the floor I think I may put in it when I get the car back from the shop. It's 800 watts and supposed to handle 2000 I think??
It's crazy loud . Ready to see what it sounds like in the mustang . I have a 1000w Memphis amp pushing my sub .
You sir are crazy. I don't think you'll have enough air displacement. My 10 could handle 1500 but I ran it at most 500. It broke my windshield lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts