Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the door speaker sizes are?I know the back window ones are 5x7's/6x8's will that size work in the doors or is it different?

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Yup, doors and rear deck are both 5x7, 6x8. You can however easily modify to fit 6x9's in both spots.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would it be worth it to do 6x9's instead?it would prob be cheaper but how much trouble would it be?

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
I'll post a how to next week when I get a chance to put my 6x9's in the rear deck. I'm gonna use a dremel and just cut my rear deck to fit. I have a how to for replacing front speakers with 6x8's, just too lazy to make a write up for it. I also have a how to on center bezel removal and stereo removal for 01-04 stangs, and plan on getting a how to on 05 stangs here soon.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
And the 6x9's will give you a better range out of the speaker because so many ppl make them. You can get a much better speaker for a better price out of the 6x9. I'm running Pioneer Premier REV series 6x8's in my doors and my REV series 6x9's should be in here real soon.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
What are you running them with? The stock radio? It sucks..I'm pushing my speakers at the moment with my stock radio and it sounds like stock speakers. Get a radio with a good built in equalizer *cough pioneer cough* and control it from there to make your speakers sound so much better.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Ah ok, Alpine aint bad at all. Just don't run that sony crap :pnoid:

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Yeh...all it's done for me is explode..sony sucks, fosgate has started sucking, alpine sucks, lower line mtx sucks, pioneer has started sucking, I guess I'm just an extremely picky person when it comes to my car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive got the pentagon shaped xplod subs they hit nice but they aren't the cheap kind at wal mart. And my Cd player has an internal amp and equalizer settings.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
I'm just not a sony fan...

·
Banned
9,745 Posts
232stang said:
my sony system has run good for 2 years and its still going strong
What is this system made up of?

I hate Sony with a passion. Their cd players are decent just not my kind of thing. Nick's cd player and Nates are cool but other than that I will never buy sony speakers or amps

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Brent said:

I hate Sony with a passion. Their cd players are decent just not my kind of thing. Nick's cd player and Nates are cool but other than that I will never buy sony speakers or amps
I've just never had any luck with Sony...O well. I either install them for someone and it gets stolen that night or they die within a year. Go figure. I know where my original 1994 Pioneer single disc player is and know for a fact it still works and plays cd's quite well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was looking at speakers at SoundDomain and when I put in my car they had a selection of 6.5" speakers for the rear side panels. I didn't even know I had speakers in the side panels....or do I?and if so how do I get to them?

·
Banned
9,745 Posts
FloMasta24 said:
I was looking at speakers at SoundDomain and when I put in my car they had a selection of 6.5" speakers for the rear side panels. I didn't even know I had speakers in the side panels....or do I?and if so how do I get to them?
That is for convertibles

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Brent said:

6x9 sony speakers as well as 5x7
1 1000 watt amp
and two 1200 watt 12's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts