Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just realized my speakers blow lol. I want to upgrade my door speakers and the ones in the rear. Any good brands you reccomend and what size are the front ones and what size are the rear ones thnks!
 

·
Lorraine's driver
Joined
·
8,197 Posts
If you have the Mach 460 or 1000, I believe the fronts and backs are 6x8's - Ford's favorite odd size. I'm not sure about the subs. I've never looked. I can't wait to get a new head unit. Really wanna connect with my phone and have a nicer display.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Azure said:
If you have the Mach 460 or 1000, I believe the fronts and backs are 6x8's - Ford's favorite odd size. I'm not sure about the subs. I've never looked. I can't wait to get a new head unit. Really wanna connect with my phone and have a nicer display.
I have the 460. I have an aftermarket sub and double din so I wanna upgrade my door speakers and rear ones. So 6x8 all around? Thnks I'll look some reviews up for which ones are good.
 

·
Lorraine's driver
Joined
·
8,197 Posts
Just checked out Crutchfield, looks like other sizes fit in the doors too. They must have adapters of some sort to align the mount holes. Looks like you have a lot of options. :good:

That's right, you put a JVC head unit in, right? Still like it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Azure said:
Just checked out Crutchfield, looks like other sizes fit in the doors too. They must have adapters of some sort to align the mount holes. Looks like you have a lot of options. :good:

That's right, you put a JVC head unit in, right? Still like it?
Oh ok well I might go with some 6x9's then thnks. Yea I love it, looks better, sounds better just overall better and for the price I felt it was a steal lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Not to butt into the conversation, but what brand of adapter did you use to install the new head unit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Don't get Kenwood speakers, I had them in my old car, wasn't happy with them at all, but their head units seem to do just fine. Do you want to upgrade the tweeters as well?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buickregal79 said:
Not to butt into the conversation, but what brand of adapter did you use to install the new head unit?
I bought a jvc head unit from sonic electronixs online. It came with all the stuff you needed to make it work on you're car model. I got it for 220,

image-3804642564.jpg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
9tee7pony said:
Don't get Kenwood speakers, I had them in my old car, wasn't happy with them at all, but their head units seem to do just fine. Do you want to upgrade the tweeters as well?
Well yea I might as well also. I'm leaning towards jvc so that it can match my head unit
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top