Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking for some time now for long tube headers or even shortys for my 98 v6 but I can't find anything. Everything is for 94-97 and 99-04 3.8L motors.... What gives? Why is 98 left out? And would headers for a 99+ still fit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot about the jba's.... But for LTs, pacesetter, bbk, mac... Check the websites. 98s supposedly have decent headers to begin with, so shorty headers wouldn't do much of anything. LTs however should really open up the power band.... Just wondering if a different year would still work...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yeah, you want to go with long tube headers to accomplish an improvement. I believe the '98 goes with the (94-97) set with an adjustment. I would call or e-mail MAC directly and gather all the info possible. Unless you have your own welding shop, you want to get information cleared up. EGR connection, O2 sensors extended, after cats, all come into play.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Interesting... looked and you are right... seems 94-97 and 99-04 are the ranges with 98 being left off of the list. Weird, I had no idea.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I believe that you have to cut out a notch in the K-member to get the already tight header to fit. 1998 V6 Mustangs only-
If you go to "mandrelexhaustsystems.com" you can find alternatives to longtubes using high-flow cats ect..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts