Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i'd just go to a salvage yard and find an 8.8...find the right year explorer and you can get them with 3.55 gears already in them. add that with a tune for best results...although the best result is what was already said first post...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Or do that... I was just scared that swap would have probs most rears have over 100k on them
with any used rear you wanna always pop the diff open..check the teeth and then put on a new cover gasket and all new fluid. as long as you aren't mixing used gears with a different used rear you shouldn't have noise issues.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ya shouldn't but I have always run into probs with moving parts used stuff especially with high mileage so has my buddy but it's def. the cheaper option as long as you don't run into any problems down the road

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Ya shouldn't but I have always run into probs with moving parts used stuff especially with high mileage so has my buddy but it's def. the cheaper option as long as you don't run into any problems down the road
lol yeah i can understand that...i'm the king of used parts lol :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know you are haha and if you pick the good ones and always have good luck used parts is always your best bet

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Those budget builds :) I need to find a gt rear sway lol no mustangs ever at my salvage yard :/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts