Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
it's great because you can go through different gear ratios (go back to stock) and go through different tire sizes and all you have to do is reprogram it. a custom burned expensive chip is a one time thing that should be installed once the car is finished or at least at the end of a new setup. For most of the cars here, it's the best option IMO. 85$ vs. 250-350$, hmm, let me think. Near stock cars don't gain much from a chip anyways.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
What exactly does it do? Can you just recalibrate your speedo pretty much? How much is involved in doing this?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
it only works on manual cars.

yes, it just recal's your speedo. works by plugging into your electrical system.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ah ok, i figured it was only on 5 speeds. Pretty cool though

·
Registered
941 Posts
you go online and plug in rear end gear ratio, tire size/before after, and it gives you a binary reading... 100010110. you flip some small switches and reattach the battery and you're good to go. yes, only 5 spds.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Dang that's awesome. I hate the auto, wasn't my choice. I had to pay for the car, but my dad chose which one.

·
Registered
941 Posts
trying to compensate drop top? :D that's kinda raunchy doing it with people to watch in traffic, but in 5th gear on the highway is good enough for me. my girlfriend now doesn't like that though, doh.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like I said. Beat that. While people in manuals moan about the traffic, and the stop and go. I'm eatting a roast beef sandwich and cleaning out the pipes. Then I'm making guys like you jealous. And the only thing I'm compensating for is being oversexed. I need to cut back a bit. It's starting to lose it's entertainment.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
manuals = better mpg.

I will disagree with this statement. In theory a manual will get better gas mileage, but in real world most people dont shift economicially they power shift especially people with mustangs and other sportier cars

1 - 14 of 14 Posts