Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Has anyone had any of these similar issues with the cluster? Before this gets all crazy with the discussion of help. I have never experienced any of these problems before my new tune.

Problem #1.
While driving my cluster looses all information. The only thing that is accurate is my tach, the speedometer goes to zero and I cant read any of the information at all on the center display. I will attach a photo of what occurs

Problem #2
My speedometer. i have tested this out with a friend crusing next to me and used my radar as a ref. My speed shows 10mph over the actual speed i am realistically driving only above 60mph it just jumps up. I asked my tuner and hes says everything checks out. My gear ratio is set correctly and i adjusted my rev/miles to the correct number for my rear wheel. I did not experience this with my pervious tune at all.

Problem #3

When i park and pull my ebrake. The cluster goes haywire and says parking brake engaued and my speedo jumps around from 0-20mph. This is strangely odd.

So if anyone has experienced anything like this and can guide me. Please feel free to chime in. I am kinda leaning toward my cluster is starting to give out or either i will have to go to a Ford dealership and get it recalibrated.

Thank you all in advance,

Kind regards,
JP

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wonder did your tuner witness the behavior or is this an email tune?

Load the stock tune stored on your device, and see if this fixes the problem. If it does, then the new tune is the problem.

Aside from the tune, you may have low voltage going to the PCM, or a connection problem. I'm sure someone else with jump in and offer additional ideas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@crjackson2134 Thank you for the reply. Yes I have tried loading stock tune and reloading my new tune. I just didnt turn her over and run it bcz i have cat deletes. Im tuned by AED and shawn is very knowledgeable. But this is a different issue i have never experienced before. I have had numerous tunes done before. My battery is good and running 14.5v so im not sure where to even start troubleshooting. Once again I greatly appreciate you for throwing a reply!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having nearly the exact same problem with a '13 V6. Thinking it may be a faulty VSS. Did you ever find a resolution?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts