Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be deploying soon. And upon my return I'm planning to drop about 7 grand into the stang. My list of goodies is:
1. Brakes and rotors (drilled and slot)
2. Staggered FR500 18's wrapped in sumitomos
3. Vortech v3 (complete kit)
4. Dyno tune
5. Bbk o/r x pipe
6. cxracing FMIC kit
7. Professional products typhoon intake mani.
8. Professional products intake pelenum.
9. Finally have my 3.73s installed

Not necessarily in that order but hoping to have this all done by next summer. I'm 24 and single so I can do it lol. But please give me some suggestions if I might have left any thing out I wanna keep it around $7k but if I hear something good I may just go for it haha.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Don't forget to take off your UDP's when you before you install your V3 SC. It will lower your boost. Nice mod list! :good:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
garbill2003 said:
Iam not sure the 7000 will cover that list of mods but awesome list anyway. That will wake up your stang for sure
I've calculated it out haha most of it will be ordered from AM so our discount will take a good chunk off the cost. The brakes and rotors I will order from my civilian employer(Orielly's) so I'll get a good price there. And all in all it came up to like 7124 but like I said im willing to put a little more if I hear sumthin good!

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Azure said:
Don't forget to take off your UDP's when you before you install your V3 SC. It will lower your boost. Nice mod list! :good:
I don't have the stock pulleys any more any ideas on how to get new ones?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any one know where I can get stock pulleys?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Is your motor built already? How much boost your planning for, and are you doing full exhuast?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1lowGT said:
Is your motor built already? How much boost your planning for, and are you doing full exhuast?
Nope motor is stock I plan on running what ever boost the kit makes as is. Will not be doing LTs but I may get shortys I will have an o/r x and cat back. I'm not looking to make more than 400 HP for now

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Arron's racecar said:
Nope motor is stock I plan on running what ever boost the kit makes as is. Will not be doing LTs but I may get shortys I will have an o/r x and cat back. I'm not looking to make more than 400 HP for now
With over 400hp you are gonna need to get forged internals, you don't want to break your motor

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I'm not in to long tube headers either. You'd have to get a new mid pipe setup and if you ever have to work on your tranny or clutch, you may need to remove them. That has the word hassle written all over it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Soccerluvr4 said:
With over 400hp you are gonna need to get forged internals, you don't want to break your motor
I know which is why I'm not looking to exceed that mark. I've seen plenty of 2v make all the way up to 450 rwhp with a good tune and have ran it safely for a long time but yes I plan to start my next little project after all this: forged mmr short block with trick flow TW heads with blower cams and beehive springs and motor swap when it's complete or the motor finally does fail whichever comes first. Then I will look at making much much more power.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Azure said:
I'm not in to long tube headers either. You'd have to get a new mid pipe setup and if you ever have to work on your tranny or clutch, you may need to remove them. That has the word hassle written all over it.
That's exactly why I don't want LTs. Cuz being a manual I don't wanna deal with the $$$ of having to drop the LTs every time I need tranny maintenance.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
That's exactly why I don't want LTs. Cuz being a manual I don't wanna deal with the $$$ of having to drop the LTs every time I need tranny maintenance.
I was thinking so more about it and think I remember some ppl with lowered stangs having issues with the long tubes bottoming out. That extra HP is not enough for me. Shorties or stockers for me.

Thanks for serving, BTW!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Azure said:
I was thinking so more about it and think I remember some ppl with lowered stangs having issues with the long tubes bottoming out. That extra HP is not enough for me. Shorties or stockers for me.

Thanks for serving, BTW!
Yeah I've heard about that and yeah 15-20 horses ain't worth it.

And thank you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts