Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at installing a dual side exit kit for a GT, going true dual. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I don't plan on using an H-pipe.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I looked at the spintech kit, you can build a custom kit for cheaper than that. I know I've looked around for my car, and you can get the mufflers for about 80 bucks a piece then get the muffler shop to build up your exhaust completely custom. As far as not using an H-pipe, do what you want, I know with my 6er a H-pipe will be on it lol.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
why do you need an H pipe lowflyn?? The v6 is an even firing order engine and thus does not need a cross-over pipe. You will see no gain in an h-pipe vs an x-pipe vs straight back off the headers.

232 - I suggest getting a muffler shop to weld you on some exhaust piping to the muffler of your choice and tell them you want it to ocme out the side. They will get it done and cheaper than the spintech price

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
232stang01 said:
I've been looking at installing a dual side exit kit for a GT, going true dual. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I don't plan on using an H-pipe.
u almost stole my user name :disgust: .
anyways go with the muffler shop pick out your favorite mufflers and tell them u want a true dual set up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. does anyone else make mufflers with the in and the out on the same side? I guess that's about the only reason I'm looking at the spintechs anyhow.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
232stang01 said:
Thanks for the input. does anyone else make mufflers with the in and the out on the same side? I guess that's about the only reason I'm looking at the spintechs anyhow.
DYNOMAX
MAGNAFLOW
BORLA
FLOWMASTER
SPINTECH

I am sure there are others but they dont come to me right now

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
You guys are forgetting the fact that its extremely hard to engineer a dual side exhaust set up that doesnt rob HP. Im sure any exhaust/muffler store could fabricate up a dual exhaust set-up, but youre gonna lose HP, not gain, as a dual exhaust setup is meant to do. I'd personally go with a pre-made kit that has proof of what it does to the HP

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
nah. you get straight-thru mufflers and have them weld a 45* pipe off the headers and then run the muffler and then pipes to the side. You don't need the same side enter/exit muffler design. Those rob hp easily. Just put the mufflers up near the tranny and have them do a weld job for you. very easy

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Or you could get magnapacks and run it that way...but remember, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to put your car on a lift. That's why I just bought take offs for my car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
lowflyn said:
Or you could get magnapacks and run it that way...but remember, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to put your car on a lift. That's why I just bought take offs for my car.
Getting it on a lift is not that bad. Alot of these new shops have the lifts that have arms that just slide right under. But if you go to the shops that have regular lifts..u'll just have to take two boards and put them right b4 the ramp..this will solve the lift problem.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's still a PITA...and I'm prolly just gonna buy gt takeoff's lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone happened to find a cheap site to get take-offs from? the best I can do is 183$ shipped, pending availability. anyone...?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just won an auction on E-bay, $127 shipped!

Thanks for all the responses.

Does anyone see any advantage in using the pace stetter H pipe adapter? I'm thinking I'll probably not use one, but any input helps, right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts