Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my spintech dual side exhaust last weekend! Nice and sweet! First I took the car and had the pipe cut off behind the stock muffler (no way could I have done that on jacks in my driveway!). Spintech included easy to read and understand instructions, so the rest was just a simple un-bolting of the old exhaust and installing the new kit. The only problem I encountered was that I ordered the Cobra R tips which were 3" and they wouldn't bolt up to the 2.5" pipes. BUT not trusting my exhaust tech skills or the U bolt clamps, I took the car to a professional (Gus at Classic Muffler in Woodland CA) and had everything snugged up nice and tight and welded, including the tips. Sounds great!, looks great. No drone and no riceness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more pics:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
If I bought that exhaust could I put the Borla Side Exhaust Covers on it

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
White95Stangv6 said:
why don't you jsut get Borla side exhaust then???

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I like the sound of spintech a little better....its really close

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
fast64 said:
White95Stangv6 said:
why don't you jsut get Borla side exhaust then???
^cuz borla is fuckin expensive?

lol

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Borla on a stock 99+ V6sound like ricer ass. They require more airflow to get the deep throaty sound. I have heard 2 sets of Borla's on V6's and they sound like angry bees caught in a coffee can. Spintech has a much better sound but somewhat less quality on the welding of the muffler seams

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
How do you think Borla Side Skirts would look on with a Saleen front and rear bumper?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Aren't they they roush side skirts that fit the Borla exaust?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You know, I think a lot of body kits look great, but if I didnt' like the way Mustang bodies looked, I would buy something else, If I really wanted to change my GT I might put a Cobra front bumper cover on it and fogs, but that is sort of like posing, I don't know.....I like the Steeda splitters, but they are so low to the ground, I am afraid I would hit things with them. Same with the mach I chin spoilers, I think I will just leave it stock. LOL.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
the Mach ones are very nice and arent that low to ground.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I think the '04 Mach 1's are gonna be like an inch or 1/2 lower than they are now.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
fast64 said:
I think the '04 Mach 1's are gonna be like an inch or 1/2 lower than they are now.
sweet

·
Registered
17 Posts
mine are better :)

I got mine around april, ahhh i love them soo much, they really kick ass on the real cold mornings, when the steam/exhaust comes out from the tips and you get some sweet looks on the road ;) I decided to go with the basic tips , they're not as flashy but they work for me

p.s. you might want to take them back to the exhaust shop to angle them up a liitle bit more so they are closer to your side skirts , you are going to scrape like mad on speedbumps like i do :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
sweet rims. lol i got the same ones.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thats an awesome setup there dude! I have spintech pros out the back and I love em. Doesnt it remind you of a GT???? It does me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts