Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-D

On my way to work, I noticed the car in front of me do a u-turn and put his blinkers on. As I went past, I noticed there was a turtle in the other lane, and he was pulling over to move it out of the road.

So (((hugs))) to old guys driving vintage mustangs that pull over for turtles!

(And no, this isn't chatting; I'm pagan, so wildlife and nature are integral parts of my spirituality. So are hugs.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rotfl. I recently pulled over to save a turtle that was in the middle of the road! I'm not kidding...I was driving to my in-laws house, and I saw what looked like a big rock in the middle of the road. As I passed it, I realized it was a turtle. I couldn't just leave the poor thing to get run over, so I stopped and picked him up and walked him some distance into a field that was next to the road. (Hopefully he didn't wander back into the road.)
Anyway...the last time I wanted to hug a stranger was this morning. I was helping my son onto the school bus, and there was this little boy about four years old (this bus takes pre-schoolers) just sobbing his poor little heart out. I talked to him for a minute while they were buckling my son into his seat. Turned out he had dropped his toy car onto the floor, so we were able to remedy the problem pretty quickly. lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hug strangers everyday! (and I'm not being sarcastic). Every time I go to an NA meeting I give hugs- everyone there does. I hug the people I know and the ones I don't. Even though I don't know who they are I know where they've been and I know the pain they've felt. I guess it's like a common bond and sometimes that hug is what makes someone come back! Knowing that there are people there who identify with them- so yea- given the right circumstances I think it's all good to give strangers hugs!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awe, that's sweet. I don't think I've ever wanted to hug a stranger, but I've learned to be really appreciative and thankful to those who use a blinker when they are turning or lane changing. In my city that's a big problem, that and when at a red light leaving space for 1.5 - 2.5 cars between you and the guy in front of you. Sometimes I just feel like screaming, "FILL THE GAP, PEOPLE!!" So I'm always really appreciative when people fill the gap at red lights too. Those are about the only things that have made me come close to wanting to hug a stranger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't really recall. Seeing random acts of kindness is becoming a scarcity these days.

I often get, however, the strong desire to smack a stranger on the top of his/her head when I see McDonald's packaging tossed out of the car while driving down the road. Sadly, that sight is more prevalent these days.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was having an awful day one day last week, and was on the phone obviously distressed, and the guy at starbucks gave me a free coffee. Even though, legally, he shouldn't have done that... he went out on a limb to make me smile. It was a very very nice thing, and I wanted to jump out of my car and through the window to hug him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hugged a stranger just the other day.

I was trying to get something heavy into the trunk of my car and was in the process of dropping it, a wonderful guy ran up and grabbed it, then put it in my car.

He was maybe all of 20 years old. He got a hug and a huge thank you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In Asian cultures, hugs are not common. But the younger generation in Asia does understand the importance and comforting power of hugging.

I do hug my friends in church. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a few weeks ago I was in a jam session and this guy I never met and I wound up improvising a flute duet--and we got on such a wavelength and went to such spaces that afterwards I just had to hug him and rejoice in the experience.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Of course, hugs are wonderful.

Whenever I'm walking around and feeling good I sometimes just hug random strangers.

Some like it, some call the police.

But hugs = happiness.

edit: dude, who thumbs down a hugs = happiness?? Whoever you are, you need a hug.

·
Registered
38 Posts
on the bus this morning, a guy actually got up and let a lady have his seat, while the little teenagers sat there and continued to pretend the world was revolving around them.

i didn't get the urge to hug him, tho, i'm crabby in the morning.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haha. I would have wanted to hug that person, too. And I want to hug you for wanting to give him a hug.

((((hugs))))

I think the person that gave everybody the thumbs down needs a hug. Haha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wanted to give out free hugs once. Then that guy made it a youtube video and won the video of the year award. Now it would feel like I'm just posing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Love for our fellow beings Is an integral part of my life also.
This Morning, when I got to work and a girl came in who looked like she had been crying, and was obviously upset about something. I got her to smile though,

·
Registered
45 Posts
this are the kind of human being that deserve to live and be in this planet of ours forever and i will not mind at all to give them a hug every moment that they need it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Namaste My Friend

I agree. Everyone and everything is part of nature and we affects it greatly. Brightest Blessings to those who care and tend it's every part.

((hugs))

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm an old guy with a motorcycle who likes wildlife. lol
I recently rescued a squirrel from the bottom of an empty swimming pool...and a cotton tailed rabbit from an egress window.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Little lost lonely looking waifs who seem as if they have the weight of the world upon their shoulders...

Life is needlessly harsh, and so easily curable , a tragedy ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts