Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be better to do all three at one time? And if you did the split port would you have to use different parts for the 4.2... Or would you use they same parts as if it was a single port? And what's the gains if you done all three? Dot have the money for any of it right now just wondring about it

·
Registered
916 Posts
if your going to have the engine apart then i would go ahead and do the 4.2 (saves on having to get gaskets again) If your going to do the windstar then you only need the lower intake of the split port (which if you are pulling the windstar of the van then you may be able to just pull the lower off of it as well) so dont waste the money on the upper. So yea, you can do all 3 at once, the 4.2 is just the rotating assembly (crank, rods, pistons etc.), still uses the same intake system. but if you dont have the ability to do all at onces then i would do the split port then windstar then the 4.2.

But thats just my opinion

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm only going to put down what I have seen from other people posting on the internet after doing this, but it is roughly 25 - 30 hp gain and a 15 - 20 tq gain. After doing all three that is, that is still good.

·
Registered
916 Posts
well, i dotn know the gains of the 4.2 swap, but i would assume a fair amount. The split port swap would take you from the 150bhp of the single port to around the 190bhp of the split port, and the windstar is supposed to be ~10hp gain (with a tune i think)

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/_pdf/3.8_4.2/SSM2013catrev1ForgedInternals.pdf

That 4.2 kit is what I'm looking at to get for my car, because eventually I'm going to go FI

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Grab a junkyard 4.2, they already have split port heads on them so if you're confident the motor is good you don't even have to remove the heads.. You'll need a mustang lower intake though as the 4.2's would have to be modified some to work

With the Windstar splitport 4.2, should be around 210ish crank hp maybe 240 tq crank.. You can use the 4.2's cam as its a tiny bit more aggressive and torquey

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I've seen the BBK version clear it before, but Windstar > strut tower brace

1 - 12 of 12 Posts