Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was just outside brushing off my car and noticed my spoiler was a little lose so i popped the trunk to take a look underneath , it turns out on 1 of the bolts the bottom end of it has snapped off but the other side is perfectly fine, what can i do to fix this or what do i have to have done to fix this problem ?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Duct Tape works wonders :lol:

Nah but for real how lose is it? is it like lift able or no? if itsnt I wouldnt worry to much. Just more excuse to save to get some kinda clean body kit or something.

But then again theres Duct tape :) :good:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the 1 side lifts some, but not far enough to come completely out because the other side is holding it in i just dont know if i want to depend on 1 nut and bolt to hold the whole spoiler down, i kinda wanna do a full mach1 body conversion already done chin spoiler, could get the satin black wing for 130, then theres the hood which is the most expensive part cause i dont wanna get the CDC 1, i wonder if i can get a authentic mach-1 hood cdc will just send me the scoop n what not without that annoying black peice that s its on the hood :confused:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright nice thanks, now are these things bolted in from the underneath or vise versa its hard to really tell from the other bolt thats in there

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
I believe yours will have a bolt that comes down from the spoiler and a nut from the bottom that holds it on. Check and see if there's even a nut left on the bolt coming down from the spoiler. My spoiler has a nut recessed in the spoiler and you have to thread a screw through the trunk and into the spoiler. One of those nuts stripped and I had to cut it out and put a new one in there with plenty of JBWeld to hold it on. Quite a pain, but it's on there and not coming off.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i can still see theres a bolt in the hole but its even with the bottom of the trunk lid the rest of it snapped off, i dunno if maybe snow or ice froze it up or something but i think ima undo the other 1 a little bit just to see how exactly it is on there if its from bottom ill just buy a bolt n redo it if not ill do what you did with the jb weld

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
the spoiler is bolted on from the underside, if you pop the trunk and take a 10mm
(i think) bolt and remove the nuts the spoiler comes off, just dont drop teh bolts! or they will be lost lol

is the nut off of the stud? or totaly broke off or what? you can re tap the hole its not much trouble and then just buy a new bolt and youll be good to go

or spend 240 for a saleen wing like me :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i already fixed the problem but the whole stud snapped in 1/2 where it was level with underside of the trunk lid but i hacked it so it was a straight cutt and got some JB Weld..problem solved

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
I once heard that JB weld saved five kids, two tigers, and an umbernella, three mexican midgets, and a rodeo clown cuz it held so darn good OMG!

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
would you rather be ugly or perhaps not have the trait she stalks you for? and be like OMG i wish someone would stalk my humped over arse

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wouldnt mind a stalker just..not her, shes like 16 or 17 n im 21,def does not look good, is annoying as hell and extremely stupid

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
I think you just described every girl in the world.....

OMG i was j/k (if my gf sees this I will get beat again and wont get any food for a week :uhh: )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts